Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Mike the Boilerman

Banter at The Globe, GU bridge 111, tomorrow Sat 29th Nov

Featured Posts

As title. Banter tomorrow night at The Globe on the GU.

CA Jon and I will be there, with acoustic guitars for later. Anyone reading this more than welcome!

Last month the attendees were me, CA Jon, BSP and Lexicon. The more the merrier tomorrow. Everyone interested, just turn up about 8pm

cheers.gif

MtB

Give me a clue. How far down or up is bridge 111?

I could look on a map but I can't be ar""ed.

Edited by Nightwatch

I've had a look. Leighton Buzzard. Maybe.

Linslade is where the Great Train Robbery took place ain't it? Well nearby.

Martyn

Martyn

I think the closest part of the canal to where the GTR took place is Cheddington, South of Leighton Buzzard.

The Globe is indeed in LB, well it's a 20 min walk up the towpath actually. You can moor right outside it.

So close and yet sooooo far, we'd never make it that far by tomorrow afternoon and I'm to chicken to cruise after sun set. Please have one for me...make mine a double :)

Martyn

Yes, at Ledburn. People in Cheddington claim it happened there and has put them on the map (ahem). And people in Leighton Buzzard claimed it happened there. It was actually near the village of Ledburn part way between the two.

Yes, at Ledburn. People in Cheddington claim it happened there and has put them on the map (ahem). And people in Leighton Buzzard claimed it happened there. It was actually near the village of Ledburn part way between the two.

I can concour, Train Robbers bridge Ledburn Junction, West Coast Main Line

Edited by Dyad

Bridego bridge in fact.

Although to be completely pedantic, that is where they moved the locomotive and first two carriages, including the HVP ("high value package") van to to actually break in and unload it.

The train was first stopped, and the locomotive taken over, at a tampered with signal a couple of miles to the South.

Edited by alan_fincher

As title. Banter tomorrow night at The Globe on the GU.

CA Jon and I will be there, with acoustic guitars for later. Anyone reading this more than welcome!

Last month the attendees were me, CA Jon, BSP and Lexicon. The more the merrier tomorrow. Everyone interested, just turn up about 8pm

:cheers:

MtB

I'm gigging tonight otherwise would have come along. I hope you have a great time, it's one of my favourite moorings (I mean pub...)

Naming a bridge that was just asking for trouble, surely?

Not playing sadly. Too far for me to navigate back whilst darling Margaret steers the car.

Enjoy.

Maybe next time.

Martyn

I think it gets referred to as Cheddington due to that being the nearest station.

and where the alarm was raised.

Bridego bridge in fact.

Although to be completely pedantic, that is where they moved the locomotive and first two carriages, including the HVP ("high value package") van to to actually break in and unload it.

The train was first stopped, and the locomotive taken over, at a tampered with signal a couple of miles to the South.

Stopped to the North wasn't it? At a place then called Sears Crossing where a line used to branch off to Aylesbury.

Stopped to the North wasn't it? At a place then called Sears Crossing where a line used to branch off to Aylesbury.

Oh how I hate it when I try a bit of pedantry, and get it wrong!

You are of course quite correct - my faux pas - they were taking used bank notes to London, not away from it!