Firewood v's Coal

tangledfooted

Featured Posts

Anyone know how palm tree wood burns?

I had to cut one down that was growing in front of our gas boiler outlet a few months ago. It was very wet then. I split a few of the logs yesterday and they were still wet inside.

I think i read somewhere from t'internet that, botanically, palm was a grass rather than a tree but would that affect how it would burn in a woodburning stove?

I am burning one at the moment they are not great at burning tending to just smoulder but they will keep going all night so I use it a bit like coal and just put a few logs in last thing at night in the morning a quick blow( oooh er misses ) and it roars into life as most of the moisture has left it then chuck a few normal logs on and your off again

• 2 weeks later...

£16-50 for 25kg!!! Wow no wonder you are stressing on your log pile, I pay £10-50 for Taybrite 25kg,you need a new supplier.

Phil

It's from Springfield Marina, which is well known locally for its propensity to rip off innocent boaters. I've just bought Pureheat from local coal merchant at £10 for 25kg delivered. But was part of a 3 tonne collective marina purchase. Edited by PiRSqwared

• 2 weeks later...