Inland waterways Marine diesels

andyachtie

Featured Posts

I think its about time the forum owner starting considering charging for advertising.

I sell magnets but I try to keep it out of the forum as much as possible because one of the good things about the forum is you don't get banner ads every five seconds trying to make you buy things.

I've spoken to other forum members who just say 'you might as well put an advert on your signature because its a service to other boaters' but at the end of the day it is commercial gain which is against the spirit of the forum.

thats what I think anyway :)

There are 3 posts on this topic so far that have links of a commercial nature at bottom of them.

What is it I' m missing.

Yes, I noticed that too!

So we may gather that the engines are Indian copies of Nissans, after the manner of the many "Listeroids" knocked out in that enterprising country?

Yes, I noticed that too!

So we may gather that the engines are Indian copies of Nissans, after the manner of the many "Listeroids" knocked out in that enterprising country?

Or Chinese?

Pipped at the post by MM

............. damn you've got to be quick these days laugh.png

Edited by Proper Job

Sorry don' t understand your post. Please explain.

Post 28//

I meant I agree with you. I thought it was attached to my previous post but I see it is disjointed so was confusing. sorry about that.

(I assumed your comment was one on the way some advertising is in fact allowed but its a 'grey area'

If I got it wrong sorry about that.

I meant I agree with you. I thought it was attached to my previous post but I see it is disjointed so was confusing. sorry about that.(I assumed your comment was one on the way some advertising is in fact allowed but its a 'grey area'

If I got it wrong sorry about that.

Yes it does seem a grey area but I do find the forum so full of info that it doesn' t bother me if that info comes via topics or from ads like the one discussed.

Thanks

It's a commercial site, they have commercial gains, the post is purely for commercial reasons.

I wouldn't want posts from Raymarine every time they brought out a new product either.

I agree with Robbo. It's blatant advertising and should at the very least be posted in the "For Sale & wanted" section, which is approved by site crew prior to posting.

Adverts
No commercial advertising of product, services, or anything else is permitted on the forum, either in public posts or via private messaging, and private for-sale adverts must be posted in the dedicated sections provide. The owner may permit other advertising to at his sole discretion. Within the context of discussion, information about the use of, the location of, and the price of products is permitted. Links to commercial and personal websites are welcome to be placed in the Links Directory, under the relevant section. A link to one personal and non commercial website is allowed in your signature.

Now pick holes in that, the first post of this thread is out and out advertising and perhaps wink.png a few members would like to think about the last bit in bold

.Note: colours mean nothing, other than to highlight the different sections..

Adverts

No commercial advertising of product, services, or anything else is permitted on the forum, either in public posts or via private messaging, and private for-sale adverts must be posted in the dedicated sections provide. The owner may permit other advertising to at his sole discretion. Within the context of discussion, information about the use of, the location of, and the price of products is permitted. Links to commercial and personal websites are welcome to be placed in the Links Directory, under the relevant section. A link to one personal and non commercial website is allowed in your signature.

Now pick holes in that, the first post of this thread is out and out advertising and perhaps wink.png a few members would like to think about the last bit in bold

Does the last bit in bold not get over-ruled anyway by the bit I have underlined?

Yes it does but only the Owner and the 'advertiser' know

but those that have an advert in their signature may wish to ask permission if they have not already done so.

Maybe the owner could put a 'mark' to let the rest of us know if he has approved it.

Adverts

Personally I would prefer the users that have a commercial interest, but post here without a direct commercial intent do have a link or some other identifier in their sig. Nothing is hidden on their agenda then, and may encourage good helpful advice due to the expertise they may have.

Those that do have a link to their 'commercial' side I have no problem with and would agree with you.

It is those that just blatantly advertise without permission and against the rules they have, allegedly, read and agreed to.

We have had advertising before and the 'owner' put a by line saying permission had been granted.

Just to be boring and avoiding the "advertising question" for a moment but does the OP know whether his engines will pass the new exhaust emissions requirements that will be mandatory for engines in new build boats under the version of the RCD that was passed in January 2014 and which must be worked to after January 2017?

Richard