Ha Ha Weirdo

Dar Kuma

Featured Posts

I just find it a bit weird that this guy has a few boats but doesn't want to sell to someone thats interested in buying 1 of them.

especially when I have the cash and it's gonna put some money in his pocket/bank in time for christmas.

Cause If i go up there and he still says no I'm stuffed and I don't fancy sleeping rough for 1 night in near freezing temperatures 300 miles away

from my comfy landing bed.

Yes I currently sleep on a friends landing, Can't wait to get out of here away from barking dogs and gurgling babies.

Then talk it through with him first over the phone. Tell him you really want the boat and you will pay cash when you get there, agree a figure and tell him you won't mess him about, then make sure he is ok with that. Explain it's a long journey for you and that you have to take the boat straight away. Sensible and honest communication is the key, ensure you both understand each other and provided he is legit then everything should be fine.

No more sleeping on the landing!

There are some guys (and a gal?) going up the Northern Oxford Canal at the moment in two boats, they could be looking for someone to help out and that may be the kind of thing you're looking for? You could try out the Good Life before you commit yourself to buying your own vessel? Here's the link:

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=71845&page=1

Then talk it through with him first over the phone. Tell him you really want the boat and you will pay cash when you get there, agree a figure and tell him you won't mess him about, then make sure he is ok with that. Explain it's a long journey for you and that you have to take the boat straight away. Sensible and honest communication is the key, ensure you both understand each other and provided he is legit then everything should be fine.

No more sleeping on the landing!

I've emailed him stating that, no response, guys, It's not like I havn't tried here.

Emerald Fox, I've owned 2 boats in the last 5 years in case you missed the post.

I've emailed him stating that, no response, guys, It's not like I havn't tried here.

Emerald Fox, I've owned 2 boats in the last 5 years in case you missed the post.

If you can't tell the difference between talking to the bloke and emailing him, then there is no hope.

MtB

• Greenie 1

you have no hope Mike.

why would I call him when he emailed back a response telling me the only option in his mind is for me to travel about 300 miles and give him the cash,

since when can you haul out an obscene amount of cash out of a local building society, you can't.

T00 black and white for you people?

next you'll be telling me that I can buy my groceries with groats....

I like how certain people are telling me this, If the guy is doing a dodge then I don't want to be an accessory in helping him.

Edited by Dar Kuma

Reading this thread I could feel my grip on life fading away.

If he has three boats he is probably, at the very least a visitor, on this forum. If I was him after seeing your opening comments I am not sure what I would do but at the very least I would yank your chain over the deal.

Do what the seller wants and buy the b*****y boat or walk away.

Edited by 5thHorseman
  • Greenie 1

This is before I actually made the Post, I didn't called him a weirdo Immediatley, I don't judge right off the bat like some people.

I just found it strange to have only 1 option basically thrown at me.

If you can't tell the difference between talking to the bloke and emailing him, then there is no hope.

MtB

Greenie for that Mike. I find the lost art of personal communication tends to engender some trust between the parties, strange that init!

WHY ANYONE WOULD CONSIDER TURNING UP TO A PREARRANGED LOCATION AT A PREARRANGED DAY WITH A LOAD OF CASH IS BEYOND ME , IT HAPPENS QUITE OFTEN THAT PEOPLE TURNING UP TO BUY CARS MOTORBIKES AND OTHE SUCH ITEMS ARE RELIEVED OF THE MONEY AND SOMETIMES GET A GOOD THRASHING JUST TO MAKE SURE THEY REMEMBER HOW FOOLISH THEY WERE TO TURN UP

WHY ANYONE WOULD CONSIDER TURNING UP TO A PREARRANGED LOCATION AT A PREARRANGED DAY WITH A LOAD OF CASH IS BEYOND ME , IT HAPPENS QUITE OFTEN THAT PEOPLE TURNING UP TO BUY CARS MOTORBIKES AND OTHE SUCH ITEMS ARE RELIEVED OF THE MONEY AND SOMETIMES GET A GOOD THRASHING JUST TO MAKE SURE THEY REMEMBER HOW FOOLISH THEY WERE TO TURN UP

I see you are from Liverpool wink.png

"since when can you haul out an obscene amount of cash out of a local building society, you can't."

-er... yes you can! It's your money. Or you can quickly arrange for it to be paid in cash.

I do hope you don't use Facebook or Google, as you would be an accessory into large conglomerates squirrelling away what they should be paying in taxes into their Cayman Islands tax havens.

If the guy 'is' doing a dodge then he'll be quite at home with most of the rest of the British population. (Showing non-discrimination, Finns too are a bunch of crooks, especially the politicians).