Jeremy Vine knicked in public park.

PaulG

Featured Posts

I loathe the Steve Wright show.....especially I detest the self promoting " love the show" comments that he constantly reads out. Many years ago I had a part time broadcasting job on a local commercial station, during which I acquired recordings of a prominent folk singer who later suffered an horrific car crash. Years later, I made these available to a BBC sound engineer who was compiling material to put out a double CD to help the victim. He worked as a technical operator to most of the " names" on the station and opined that Mr Wright was his least favourite presenter to work with.

Mind you, I'm not much of a fan of the " Whine hour" either....too contrived by half.

Sorry for sidetracking the OP

Dave

• Greenie 1

I loathe the Steve Wright show.....especially I detest the self promoting " love the show" comments that he constantly reads out. Many years ago I had a part time broadcasting job on a local commercial station, during which I acquired recordings of a prominent folk singer who later suffered an horrific car crash. Years later, I made these available to a BBC sound engineer who was compiling material to put out a double CD to help the victim. He worked as a technical operator to most of the " names" on the station and opined that Mr Wright was his least favourite presenter to work with.

Mind you, I'm not much of a fan of the " Whine hour" either....too contrived by half.

Dave

Sidetrack all you like Dave. I share you opinion of Steve Wright. I always switch over to Classic FM when he comes on. Sometimes I can tolerate Jeremy Vine, but i get fed up with his simplisrtic and contrived questions. and often switch him off as well. Just don't get me going about that excitable idiot person Chris Evans.

That is certainly true with regards to road speed limits, cyclists can go as fast as they like..

Casp'

By "own" you mean stole from the rest of us...

Casp'

Really? The Police in Bath clearly disagree with you, the Council have even installed a Bike speed camera on one of the hills, accompanied by the stautory camera warning signs.

Edited by David Schweizer

Its a pity some of those officers cant be on the towpath.

That is certainly true with regards to road speed limits, cyclists can go as fast as they like..

Casp'

By "own" you mean stole from the rest of us...

Casp'

I read this and still dont know the answer http://www.astounding.org.uk/ian/cyclelaw/speed_limits.html

He is not the first

http://road.cc/content/news/94300-teen-cyclist-fined-riding-37mph-richmond-park

Many years back when a I was but a yoof I had a moped this did not require a speedometer as it did not do over 30 mph.

Bicycles in normal use then would also struggle to do above 30 .

Todays technology has left the law behind .

Many years back when a I was but a yoof I had a moped this did not require a speedometer as it did not do over 30 mph.

Bicycles in normal use then would also struggle to do above 30 .

Todays technology has left the law behind .

Didn't someone achieve over 200 mph on a pushbike recently. Admitted think it had rockets attached to it but would have been fun seeing someone try to stop it.

Guy Martin also I think achieved over 100mph on a normal bike albeit in the slipstream of a lorry

I think so. One example would be the difference between Hyde Park, which is in effect a public open space, and Highgrove estate, which isn't.

Yes, that's an example, but many others would not be as clearly defined. And I suspect there may well be no democratically upheld right of way in Hyde Park either, I don't actually know. Many of these points are impossible to discover, since the Freedom of Information Act doesn't apply to royals.

Well, I have no idea what he's like behind the scenes, many of the best-loved entertainers on radio and TV have been odd, difficult or downright gits in real life, but Steve Wright's programme is well-constructed, pacy and consistently entertaining. It's the only Radio 2 show I listen to with any regularity apart from Sounds of the Sixties and the inimitable Wogan. I too have broadcasting experience and I can appreciate just how professional SW's programme is.

SW hasn't been implicated in any nefarious sexual activities either, as far as I know.

My R2 listening is, however, limited to Brian Matthew on Saturday mornings, Mr Blackburn at 1 o'clock on Saturdays, and Johnny Walker* on Sunday afternoon, so what do I know?

* and I remember him as a pirate

Edited by Machpoint005

Hi Athy

I have no quibble with the slick professionalism of the show....I would expect nothing less of a BBC national station and my own efforts are long ago. I have all of the programmes on 10" reels in my attic, luckily no tape machine to play them on so I'm spared the cringe factor! I made the comment as a reluctant Radio 2 listener, it is the default station in most of the yards I work in, I'm a long term Radio 4 listener really. My gripe is the relentless " love the show " comments that he reads out....they may be genuine listener comments, but they grate on my ears. Many of my customers have loved what I've done, but I wouldn't dream of using them to promote my work... I never advertise and prefer the work to speak for itself.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Athy

I have no quibble with the slick professionalism of the show....I would expect nothing less of a BBC national station and my own efforts are long ago. I have all of the programmes on 10" reels in my attic, luckily no tape machine to play them on so I'm spared the cringe factor! I made the comment as a reluctant Radio 2 listener, it is the default station in most of the yards I work in, I'm a long term Radio 4 listener really. My gripe is the relentless " love the show " comments that he reads out....they may be genuine listener comments, but they grate on my ears. Many of my customers have loved what I've done, but I wouldn't dream of using them to promote my work... I never advertise and prefer the work to speak for itself.

Cheers

Dave

hes always been like that, even in the Radio 1 days with bunch of idiots sitting around him telling him how good they all were.

Ive not listened to R2 for Years now, Radio is permanently tuned to LBC

Edited by saltysplash

Hi Athy

Cheers

Dave

Love the paint.biggrin.png

* and I remember him as a pirate

You mean he was on one of those all-male hireboat trips?

But seriously, so do I - as well as Blackburn, Everett, Cash, Tony Windsor, Roger Day and a man whom I had the pleasure of meeting many years later, Emperor Rosko.

Dave

Nic Jones by any chance Dave?

Roger

Hi Roger

It was indeed Nic. I recorded him live at a local folk club in Stourbridge and used the material for my final programme, I couldn't have had a better swansong! After the accident, legal wrangling prevented much recorded material from being used, so other sources were tried. I had all of the programmes on tape and gladly made it available, years later, as a contribution to a double CD called " Unearthed".

3 of my tracks feature on this, I'd have to dig out the CD to name them.

Hope all is well with you both.

Dave

Hi Roger

It was indeed Nic. I recorded him live at a local folk club in Stourbridge and used the material for my final programme, I couldn't have had a better swansong! After the accident, legal wrangling prevented much recorded material from being used, so other sources were tried. I had all of the programmes on tape and gladly made it available, years later, as a contribution to a double CD called " Unearthed".

3 of my tracks feature on this, I'd have to dig out the CD to name them.

Hope all is well with you both.

Dave

Ah thought so. Have several of his albums including Unearthed. Bought one from Molly Music direct not realising that it was him and his wife selling the CD.

All well here.

Roger