What boat would you buy for £40K?

Jen_P

Featured Posts

41 minutes ago, cuthound said:

Has any expensive work been done in the meantime such as replacement engine, top notch repaint etc?

That could account for some of the price increase. Boats have increased in value over the last six years but not by 50%.

The only major work was a superstructure repaint in 2017.

Boats of similar age/length are priced at around the £40k so the owner would get his/her purchase price back after 6 years use which seems a good deal and at £45k the cost of the repaint as well. I'm mystified at the £60k price tag, that's why I was wondering if I had missed something.

11 hours ago, BrandyMark said:

The only major work was a superstructure repaint in 2017.

Boats of similar age/length are priced at around the £40k so the owner would get his/her purchase price back after 6 years use which seems a good deal and at £45k the cost of the repaint as well. I'm mystified at the £60k price tag, that's why I was wondering if I had missed something.

It does seem as though the owner is trying to recover the cost of his repaint and then some. A professional repaint can cost between £130 and £200 per foot.

I.had a repaint and epoxy blacking done last year. After it had been done I had the boatyard value it. They valued it at £10k more than I paid for it in 2014, but the increase didn't cover the cost of the work.done.

ABNB do seem to ambitiously price some of their boats, but they're not struggling to sell most of them. They also had a couple that looked underpriced which went within 24hrs

Fitout does look nicer than 45k boats I've looked at (all sold) this summer based on the pics, but 60k is stretching it.

Edited by enigmatic