BCN Challenge 2015

Dave_P

Featured Posts

Overjoyed to have you on board. Katie's up for it again too. Team Cobbett is looking in great shape ... Well, not wooden spoon-shaped anyway ....

Oi! No wooden spoons with me & Dave aboard :D

Dead chuffed - thank you - I look forward to the culinary delights aboard Cobbett

I really do not remember feeling anything like that miserable. I thought I was enjoying myself.

Like it!

I am looking to take part this year, as yet I am not sure I what way, but it would be good two after missing last years.

Daniel

So quips the man who just happens to have a 70 foot boat! laugh.png

Best laugh of the night.......

So have the email and have printed the form off. We will definitely be doing it next year again, but as the boat goes be repainted straight afterwards not so sure about 2016, so we had better make 2015 count.

Looking forward to Dec 1st already!

Team Telemachus can be counted in. Must try harder this year and not wimp out of 2 hrs cruising!

.....and save even more cruising time by not getting wedged on the lumpy bits of the bottom of the canal! laugh.png

Edited by alan_fincher

.....and save even more cruising time by not getting wedged on the lumpy bits of the bottom of the canal! :lol:

... and hopefully this year folk won't fill the lock below a short and shallow pound before we have had a chance to get into the next lock! That will save time for everyone.

it's a bit shallow

Richard

Only when impatient people fill locks from a short pound that already has boats waiting to go up in it.

One up, one down. You know it makes sense!

Edited by nicknorman

... and hopefully this year folk won't fill the lock below a short and shallow pound before we have had a chance to get into the next lock! That will save time for everyone.

Only when impatient people fill locks from a short pound that already has boats waiting to go up in it.

Sorry, I didn't notice any locks, (and hence any short pounds), on that bit where you were grounded up near Anglesey and needed towing off!

Sorry, I didn't notice any locks, (and hence any short pounds), on that bit where you were grounded up near Anglesey and needed towing off!

The stretch between Anchor Bridge and Burntwood Road bridge has a very narrow, not very deep channel, it's stupidly easy to get a boat stuck there.

Team Albion will need to improve their ramming speed at junctions then.

And nerve in bridge holes?

Richard

That's because there weren't any. But there were on the Perry Bar and Titford flights.

Blimey - how many times did you run aground?

Richard