BCN Challenge 2015

Dave_P

Featured Posts

Well, as we're both on the same team... ...Get to Brum and I'll drive. I'm still moored at Sherborne Wharf if you can get there.

Rob

Might be worth coordinating with dyad, where are you planning to park will star city allow overnight parking?

Anyone know of the best way to get to Star City via train/public transport?

As a backup to driving, you can get a bus from the Priory, Queensway which is 5-10 mins walk from New St station, direct to Star City (bus stop right at the entrance to star city car park). Bus route 66. £2.20 one way.

Edited by nicknorman

We are more on the light hearted go boating for a bit sorta tactics, so no major breach of security

A thoroughly healthy approach to the challenge it is too

Richard

I know we're not the furthest but there is still a not insignificant journey for us to reach Birmingham by Saturday. I have 4 days of work left then on Tuesday will be setting off down (up) the Shroppie to take part in the Challenge this year; and on the return trip we're going to do the other 3/4 of the 4 counties ring, we've done the T&M bit many times but the S&W bit which includes Gailey and Tixall Wide, only once.

Is anyone else making a mammoth journey to take part, and have you left yet? Or (as Bart Simpson might say) are you there yet?

I shall be travelling from Gas Street Basin to my secret starting point on Friday. Clue: I'll be drinking in the Prince of Wales on Friday night if anyone fancies a pint (or two).

Ok, and thanks to Ebay, we're now on fleek for the giant inflatable banana and the monkey on a stick.

Last year's menagerie of Dolphins, Whales and Crocodiles on Beau was a triumphant success but I'm stumped for this year. Any suggestions?

I shall be travelling from Gas Street Basin to my secret starting point on Friday. Clue: I'll be drinking in the Prince of Wales on Friday night if anyone fancies a pint (or two).

Last year's menagerie of Dolphins, Whales and Crocodiles on Beau was a triumphant success but I'm stumped for this year. Any suggestions?

So you're not going far then.

T Rex on the bow plus the odd ichthyosaurs or two following. sleep.png

Well, that's one BCN Challenge boat fettled - two to go

Richard

The way things have been going for us, we may be able to give you some more fettling; I don't think we've managed a whole 24 hours without breaking down recently. If you see us on the challenge, please check if we're moving or not! But if things get any worse we may cancel our entry.

Is anyone else making a mammoth journey to take part, and have you left yet?

We're travelling from the Isle of Wight, but not by boat.

(Well............I suppose we will be travelling by boat for part of the journey. Whats the bonus factor for the Solent?)

The way things have been going for us, we may be able to give you some more fettling; I don't think we've managed a whole 24 hours without breaking down recently. If you see us on the challenge, please check if we're moving or not! But if things get any worse we may cancel our entry.

That sounds bad. It this new engine newness wearing off, or something worse?

MP.

That sounds bad. It this new engine newness wearing off, or something worse?

MP.

Mainly the after effects of the diesel bug we got after someone stole half our fuel during the winter, although also a few of the usual things like the toilet flush valve leaking all over the floor, and the water pump and the gas regulator both failing. Then there's also been the after effects of replacing our trusty Rediline converter with one of Mr Sterling's new inverters (well several of them to be more precise because they were all faulty in different ways until finally we scrapped it and bought a better one from somewhere else) and replacing the electrical things - including the workings of the gas cooker - that it killed.

We're now stopped at Norbury to have the tank drained (again) and cleaned (again) and all the pipes cleaned or changed (again) and the filters changed (again) then another dose of biocide before filling up with fuel (again).

those going up the 21 on friday afternoon may get held up by a single handing basset hound (almost trained to steer) and Paul, i'm sure he would appreciate any help as i wont be joing him until he reaches the top. I arrive by train as some of us have to work!!!!biggrin.png

• Greenie 1

those going up the 21 on friday afternoon may get held up by a single handing basset hound (almost trained to steer) and Paul, i'm sure he would appreciate any help as i wont be joing him until he reaches the top. I arrive by train as some of us have to work!!!!:D

We will be with you with a naughty little staffie cross and my two children, if we get away from school on time

Mainly the after effects of the diesel bug we got after someone stole half our fuel during the winter, although also a few of the usual things like the toilet flush valve leaking all over the floor, and the water pump and the gas regulator both failing. Then there's also been the after effects of replacing our trusty Rediline converter with one of Mr Sterling's new inverters (well several of them to be more precise because they were all faulty in different ways until finally we scrapped it and bought a better one from somewhere else) and replacing the electrical things - including the workings of the gas cooker - that it killed.

We're now stopped at Norbury to have the tank drained (again) and cleaned (again) and all the pipes cleaned or changed (again) and the filters changed (again) then another dose of biocide before filling up with fuel (again).

Nasty. Note to self: never be tempted by Sterling's toys.

I've frequently left tanks half empty over the winter without ill effects. I wonder if the scrotes unwittingly inoculated your diesel with bug as a side effect of dipping it?

MP.