BCN Challenge 2015

Dave_P

Featured Posts

Is the BCN Challenge phone still knocking around? I don't think it really had the desired effect last year though.

I presume #bcnchallenge will be in force this year, and personally I've just discovered the wonder of 'Instagram' where you can use 'hashtags' and it links automatically to Twitter and Facebook if you want it to. For those that 'do' social media it might be worth investigating.

I think most peoples phones stayed well inside their pockets and under layers of waterproofs last year, but with some better weather i think the fun side of using SM could be a good enhancement this year, especially for those unable to take part but want to keep up to date with the shenanigans.

Anyone fancy doing an up to date list of forum members taking part?

I'll have a go later. As a start:

Team Tawny Owl RLWP, Mrs Tawny Owl, Smudge, Purple Fairy, Moominpapa, Moominmama, Anne the cabin girl, Robert the Geek

Richard

Just had an email from John Carrington,

In case any of you haven't seen it.

Following a meeting with management at Bradley Workshop the following update information is provided for your attention

• · The workshops will be open to boaters /entrants after the event between 2.00pm – 4.00pm Sunday 24th
  • · Limited overnight mooring will be possible at Bradley workshop on Friday night before the event. Prior arrangements must be made with Workshop management
  • · Limited overnight car parking at Bradley Workshop for entrants available at own risk. Prior arrangements must be made with Workshop management
  • · Skip is available for rubbish
  • · Fresh Water available
  • · NO toilets available at Bradley workshop -boaters must use their own
  • · Alcohol will be available for purchase by boaters/ entrants and organising staff. No sale to general public
  • · Access will be allowed at end of event Roy will be in possession of a key
  • · Bradley works MUST be vacated by 10.30am Monday 25th to allow CRT to re-instate the security arrangements. Roy will be the last to leave.
  • Hot food (burgers etc) will be available for purchase at end of event

FINALLY

We will need to finalise numbers of plaques by the end of the week if you require additional plaques for crew members £3.50 each please respond ASAP.

For more details contact John, you should all have his email address. PM me if you haven't, I'm not going to post it on here.

Sue

I'll have a go later. As a start:

Team Tawny Owl RLWP, Mrs Tawny Owl, Smudge, Purple Fairy, Moominpapa, Moominmama, Anne the cabin girl, Robert the Geek

Richard

I'll add. Birdseyes crew (NB Marsh Warbler), The Captain(obviously) Mrs. Birdseye, Our Daughter Sarah (10) and Son Joe the Cabin Boy (8). Our guest crew of Wrinkles Lea and Yvonne. A crate of Leffe and a case of wine for the ladies.

Is the BCN Challenge phone still knocking around? I don't think it really had the desired effect last year though.

I presume #bcnchallenge will be in force this year, and personally I've just discovered the wonder of 'Instagram' where you can use 'hashtags' and it links automatically to Twitter and Facebook if you want it to. For those that 'do' social media it might be worth investigating.

I think most peoples phones stayed well inside their pockets and under layers of waterproofs last year, but with some better weather i think the fun side of using SM could be a good enhancement this year, especially for those unable to take part but want to keep up to date with the shenanigans.

Yep I still have the BCN Challenge twitter active.

I still have the phone too, not sure if the number will remain though- as you say though, the phone wasn't really much use!

Birdseye screw The Captain, Mrs. Birdseye, ,Sarah, Joe the Cabin Boy, Wrinkles Lea and Yvonne

Richard

Birdseye screw The Captain, Mrs. Birdseye, ,Sarah, Joe the Cabin Boy, Wrinkles Lea and Yvonne

Richard

Richard, youv'e managed to move the "s" in Birdsyes Crew slightly, funny but wrong

Richard, youv'e managed to move the "s" in Birdsyes Crew slightly, funny but wrong

Have I - I wonder how that could have happened

Birdeyes crews The Captain, Mrs. Birdseye, ,Sarah, Joe the Cabin Boy, Wrinkles Lea and Yvonne

Team Telford Telford the dog (Woof), Keeping Up, Pingu

Richard

Have I - I wonder how that could have happened

Birdeyes crews The Captain, Mrs. Birdseye, ,Sarah, Joe the Cabin Boy, Wrinkles Lea and Yvonne

Richard

Team PoppyCat - Ian Nine of Hearts, Jo, Odana, John Black Beauty

Birdsyes Crew The Captain, Mrs. Birdseye, ,Sarah, Joe the Cabin Boy, Wrinkles Lea and Yvonne

Team Copycat Nine of Hearts, Jo, Odana, Black Beauty

Richard

Birdsyes Crew The Captain, Mrs. Birdseye, ,Sarah, Joe the Cabin Boy, Wrinkles Lea and Yvonne

Team Copycat Nine of Hearts, Jo, Odana, Black Beauty

Richard

Team HALSALL. Junior, Rob M and Captain Fizz.

Our attendance is dependant on the weather over the next couple of weeks as fitting the boat out to trade is my priority and we'll only take part if the work is completed, including painting the boat. But I'm confident and determined so you can stick us on the list!

You can also stick OLD FRIENDS on the list as i know Matty is entered with (i assume) Kathy as crew.

Edited by junior

Birdsyes Crew The Captain, Mrs. Birdseye, Sarah, Joe the Cabin Boy, Wrinkles Lea and Yvonne

Team Copycat Amy, Nine of Hearts, Jo, Odana, Black Beauty

Team HALSALL. Junior, Rob M and Captain Fizz

Old Fiends Matty40s, Kathleeen Bridget

Team Red Wharf Victor Vector, Little Else, Madcat

Dill TreeMonkey, Starcoaster, P6Rob, Dyad

Clarrie Laurie B

Richard

Edited by RLWP

Red Wharf Victor Vector, Little Else, Madcat
Richard

Denry with paul_c and littleduck! and also Bella the Basset Hound.

Birdsyes Crew The Captain, Mrs. Birdseye, Sarah, Joe the Cabin Boy, Wrinkles Lea and Yvonne
Team Red Wharf Victor Vector, Little Else, Madcat
Team Monkee TreeMonkey, Starcoaster, P6Rob, Dyad
Clarrie Laurie B
Denry Bella the Basset Hound, paul_c, littleduck!
Richard