BCN Challenge 2015

Dave_P

Featured Posts

If a team member sleeps in really really late would she deserve a plaque?

Hmmmmmm.

I wonder who is being referred to here?

If a Monkey falls off the side and isn't retrieved before the finish line, is he still counted as part of the crew?

Oh!

There you are.

OK. If a monkey falls into the canal and no one is watching does he/she/it still make a splash?

Do under tens count as full crew members or are they Half each ?

Do you not have a hacksaw on board?

I have emailed John and suggested that most boats know how many crew they are having in advance , I would certainly be prepared to pay in advance for the plaques if this was needed.It wouldn't take many people not paying/collecting to damage the funds of the BCNS.

Edited by matty40s

I agree totally that payment should be in advance, as Matty says most boats will know their crew complement in advance so there should be no problem ordering and paying if the organisers can put a payment mechanism in place.

Edited by Doug_

I've decided to give no consideration to points scoring this year. My two aims are:

1. To try and cover the little bits of the BCN which I've never done before.

2. To stop at the Manor Arms, which (to my shame) I've never been in.

Which Manor Arms? What's so special about it?

Which Manor Arms? What's so special about it?

Interesting bar arrangement, as in it doesn't have one huh.png

Nice garden and moorings right outside, IIRC.

But a Marston's pub, so unless Sunbeam or New World Pale Ale available the cheers.gif will be boring.

Edited by Victor Vectis

Interesting bar arrangement, as in it doesn't have one huh.png

Nice garden and moorings right outside, IIRC.

But a Marston's pub, so unless Sunbeam or New World Pale Ale available the cheers.gif will be boring.

Tried the New World at the brewery last year. Didn't like it one bit.

Love the Manor Arms though. Our planned route passes it during opening hours, will I be able to resist stopping knowing that I could take some of my 6 hour break then and just have less sleep overnight.

• 3 weeks later...

Alerted by a post on another thread I see that the BCNS has updated their web site.

It has all the BCN Challenge details available including the rules and the planning sheets, so anyone can have a look and see exactly what it involves.

http://bcnsociety.com/bcns-marathon-challenge-may-23-and-24-2015/

Edited by john6767

Surely any photos taken in the hours of darkness are just going to show the boat (or part nearest the flash) in a dark place.

I know I will not attempting Titford Pools in the dark that is for sure, but it is one of those it has to be done things. They are not many places on the BCN we have not been so its a good oportunity to have a go. I guess you just have to try your best with the photos, we shall have to see how it works out.