BCN Challenge 2015

Dave_P

Featured Posts

I do regret not getting a photo of the tunnel lamp on Beau in Netherton

Richard

We actually were experimenting with a 3-lamp hand-held and head-held system, with varying degrees of battery charge. Our stealthy passage through Netherton was somewhat disturbed by the flotilla of Tawny, Atlas, Malus & Yeoford passing the other way.

Fixing the tunnel lamp is now on the list...

We actually were experimenting with a 3-lamp hand-held and head-held system, with varying degrees of battery charge. Our stealthy passage through Netherton was somewhat disturbed by the flotilla of Tawny, Atlas, Malus & Yeoford passing the other way.

Fixing the tunnel lamp is now on the list...

I thought the head torch tunnel lamp was a good effort, though for the full figure-head effect can I suggest next time she goes for bare breasted?

Richard

I thought the head torch tunnel lamp was a good effort, though for the full figure-head effect can I suggest next time she goes for bare breasted?

Richard

Errrr I can suggest it...

BCN Challenge 2015 pictures

https://www.flickr.com/gp/131889706@N06/m87501

Good lord, I'm looking grumpy reversing under the bridge, there. Anyone would think someone had just come past me at full chat with their fenders down and an invalid licence, on their way to steal a lock. I need to lighten up.

Hi Laurie, enjoyed your pictures and the slide show, it was such a great weekend and you captured it well

Lovely! When do you think we will know if we won? :D

We have to let the rest think they have a chance first, an extra 6" of water in the Wolverhampton level and they wouldn't have stood an earthly.

• Greenie 1

BCN Challenge 2015 pictures

https://www.flickr.com/gp/131889706@N06/m87501[/quote

Laurie

Some good stuff there.

I don't take photos, so seeing yours is much appreciated.

Cheered me up today, after being back at work.

Enjoyed your company to Netherton.

Hopefully I will catch you in the summer.

All the best

Glenn

Great pictures Laurie...far far too many of me though...this is my fav one ..we are so juvenile!!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovestruck94/18393103935/in/dateposted/

Was a great weekend and loved the Ma Pardoe's trip :-)

Hopefully see you on our way back..xx

Edited by Gillie

And the results in the CWDF cup:
1 Clover 354.65 m589, sarahavfc, Daniel. 1
2 Team Firefly, 335 john6767, Sally, Barry, Caroline 2
3 Dove 323.05 Dove 3

4 Team Carpe Vinum 299.5 Daz, Mrs Daz, 2 Daughters, L.B.B. Bag 4

5 Team Tawny Owl 274.3 MILLIE, RLWP, Mrs Tawny Owl, Smudge, Purple Fairy, Moominpapa, Moominmama, Anne the cabin girl, Robert the Geek, Ange, Davel 7

6 Goliath 267.5 DMR, Gillie 8

7 Team Diesel & Dust 244 MARS, SNOOP, Tom & Becky (Tom and Bex), Jack, Kat, Steve, and Sam 12

8 Team Beau 216.45 CASSIE, Captain Dave_P, First Mate Louise, Alys the Author 15

9 Team Red Wharf 214.9 Victor Vector, Little Else, Madcat 16

10 Changing Pace 206.6 WILLOW, EVA, ZAK Dave, Louise 17

11 Old Fiends 200.35 Matty40s, Kathleeen Bridget, Kiwimum, Kiwiwidad 20

12 Birdseyes Crew 197.45 The Captain, Mrs. Birdseye, Sarah, Joe the Cabin Boy, Wrinkles Lea and Yvonne 22

13 Team Pykes 175.55 PYXE, Bossy Pykey (Water Warrior), Mr Gadget, Nutty Pykey(Tree), Wardrobe, Barney, Rosie 25

14 Team Dotterel 163.1 Graham , Tom, Claire, Chris, Rebecca 27

15 Notos 152.05 Brumsaint (John), Josie + Pip 28

16 Team Monkee 145 TreeMonkey, Starcoaster, P6Rob, Dyad 29

17 GUELROSE 143.25 Mike, Victor, Rosewood, Nobby, Wobblers and Tom 30

18 Team Poppycat 126.3 Nine of Hearts (honorary cat), Jo, Odana, Black Beauty 32 and 33
19 Crane 114.7 Geoff Bailey, Trev, Rob, Tom, Jim, Dave Moore 34
20 Denry 78 BELLA BASSETT, paul_c, littleduck! 36
21 NUNEATON & BRIGHTON 74 Barry Adams, Oakie, Narrow Boat Trust members 37
22 Clarrie 40 Laurie B 38
These are the CWDF postions. BCN Challenge position is in bold at the end of each entry
22 forum boats finished out of a total of 38 finishers in the challenge. Hurrah!
Richard
MORE: I have added the points scored now
Edited by RLWP

Well very interesting results. Congratulations to Clover on a very convincing win. Fantastic that Carpe Vinum came 4th as well, with a 20ft cruiser. Given the mix of types of boats at the top of the table it seem that the points did not favour a particular boat type so much tihs year.

I was not expecting to do so well, we really struggled on the rubish dump Wyrley and Essington, and got behind and had to drop out the mainline loops and their clues from the route on the Sunday, but very pleased with second place.

Well very interesting results. Congratulations to Clover on a very convincing win. Fantastic that Carpe Vinum came 4th as well, with a 20ft cruiser. Given the mix of types of boats at the top of the table it seem that the points did not favour a particular boat type so much tihs year.

I was not expecting to do so well, we really struggled on the rubish dump Wyrley and Essington, and got behind and had to drop out the mainline loops and their clues from the route on the Sunday, but very pleased with second place.

My guess is everyone was hit by some kind of problems, so you didn't lose out too much

Richard

Removed due to not reading rest of post! Doh!

Aww Smudge is not a happy bunny, lost wallet and no win

Our chance to win went in stages. I think we should really have totally replanned once Titford was out, but we couldn't because of me and Sue having to leave the boat. Then the Rushall didn't help, the time we lost there meant we didn't have opportunities later on to make up points. Finally, the Factory locks finished us off. A top ten result is good enough for me this year

After all, it might not have been straightforward, I got loads of great memories this year

Richard