BCN Challenge 2015

Dave_P

Featured Posts

Unfortunately Team Guelrose will have to retire from the challenge. We have broken down at Brownhills and could not fix it ourselves so it will have to be an RCR call out in the morning.

Poppycat are reflecting on last year and pondering if 13 hours rest break is enough..

By the way Bumblehole would be a fab location to finish next year. Loads of bantering space and a 15 min walk to the source of fine food and beer at Ma Pardoes.

Yay! Finished, log completed and handed in, pictures checked, kettle on. We deliberately planned to closely align our cruising with the slim "weather window" of Sunday, starting off from a little beyond Factory Locks and doing an hour or so of cruising towards the end point. We once again had weed issues getting to Bradley Workshops, its slow going in places so this will probably mess up the timing of those teams looking to maximise their cruising hours to the full 24 hours.

I'm so jealous! I would love to crew for a team one year and experience this. Keeping up with your progress here and on fb, good luck all!

My thoughts exactly. Maybe I'll get the chance next year, depending on various factors (my mother's health, my work, and getting invited). But I'm not too green with jealousy as it turns out because a week from now I'm off to crew for hughc, and his plans mean we'll probably be boating for more hours per day than some of the BCN entrants appear to be doing...

You all seem to have got lucky with the weather, as the rain is forecast to arrive in Brum about lunchtime when I think you finish. Those who got the hours in overnight for an early finish might do well.

Today's weather suits me fine too, it's still sunny down here in Croydon, with the rain expected to arrive later, allowing me to do some gardening then not have to bother watering my vegetables.

Team Beau have been defeated by the Wyrley & Essington. To get to Bradley by 2 would have meant full steam ahead. Unfortunately this has led to weed hatch trips every ten minutes. We're not even at Birchills Junction and we have less than 3 hours.

The W&E is absolutely full of rubbish. Far worse than last year.

Team Beau have been defeated by the Wyrley & Essington. To get to Bradley by 2 would have meant full steam ahead. Unfortunately this has led to weed hatch trips every ten minutes. We're not even at Birchills Junction and we have less than 3 hours.

The W&E is absolutely full of rubbish. Far worse than last year.

Maybe if people were not tearing around you wouldn't stir up the bottom, we navigate this quite often drawing 3ft 3", rarely to we use the weedhatch. Theres plenty of depth.