The end of the One Plan from Three

Alanji

Featured Posts

Is there any further evidence that 3 are going to cease the package ?

I have been on the Sim-Only package for about 18 month's and use between 15 and 20gig per month (tethered). I have not received any notification or message that it is changing.

I know many people on the same package (I have actually introduced about half-a-dozen to it) and none of them have had any notification ?

Was it a wind up ?

It's featuring in a long thread on moneysavingexpert. Lots have had the texts, some say the have had the One Plan discontinued and been offered an alternative with a tethered limit of 2 or 4Gb.

Apparently Three are phasing the withdrawal to ensure their Customer Service can cope with all the calls.

Pretty sure I'll be moving to Giffgaff, and might get a mifi deal of some kind.

Having gone into the Three shop today I can give a finite answer relating to The One Plan-sim only contract. Mine was taken out about 15 months ago on a 12 month contract which is now just rolling month on month. Costs 15 pounds.

I updated my phone today and needed to change from a normal sim to a nano sim, but did not want to change the contract. This has been achieved today.

At the same time the three employee informed me that so long as I do not change the terms of the contract three can do nothing about it, not now, not ever. Not even increase the monthly fee.

So for those who already have The One Plan sim only contract that is all you can eat data and unlimited tethering, provided you don't change the terms of your contract it will continue for as long as you want.

It isn't the Sim-Only plan that is affected, it is the with mobile phone contract apparently.

I have been receiving daily or more calls from 0800 358 1601 for two weeks now-it is a 3 call centre. I have missed every call.....

I've received calls daily from that number as well. I answer the call, lay the phone down and have an animated discussion with Dave while the salesman gets more and more frantic before giving up. It's good fun smile.png

Having gone into the Three shop today I can give a finite answer relating to The One Plan-sim only contract. Mine was taken out about 15 months ago on a 12 month contract which is now just rolling month on month. Costs 15 pounds.

I updated my phone today and needed to change from a normal sim to a nano sim, but did not want to change the contract. This has been achieved today.

At the same time the three employee informed me that so long as I do not change the terms of the contract three can do nothing about it, not now, not ever. Not even increase the monthly fee.

So for those who already have The One Plan sim only contract that is all you can eat data and unlimited tethering, provided you don't change the terms of your contract it will continue for as long as you want.

That's interesting because they told me in the 3 shop just a couple of weeks ago that the One Plan was no longer available and they were gradually contacting customers and forcing them onto another plan. I'm pretty sure that once a contract is over you can't insist on it as a right - saying that I'm still keeping quiet and refusing to talk to them.

As an aside when I first broached the subject of the One Plan the salesman told me apologetically that it was no more due to people abusing it. "Some people" he told me "use it as their home internet" and rolled his eyes. "Hmm" says I "I live on a boat - it is my home internet". You've never seen such swift backpedalling from a salesman biggrin.png

• Greenie 1

I upgraded to the Samsung S4 and they sneakily sent it out and a month later cut my internet as I wasn't allowed to tether any more.

I rang, escalated the call, and finally complaned to the top bod that I had been missold the contract - they had slid me to the Infinity plan, although not straight away.

I mentioned the Upgrade call had been recorded, the fact that at least 4 times I stated that I needed to tether as I was a boater without landline and at no point had the salesman said that this would not be possible without further charges whilst the call was in progress. I threatened to take the record of call to Ofcom, and eventually they let me revert to the One Plan again and would be disciplining the salesman.

I am carefully making sure I do not respond to that number.

I upgraded to the Samsung S4 and they sneakily sent it out and a month later cut my internet as I wasn't allowed to tether any more.

I rang, escalated the call, and finally complaned to the top bod that I had been missold the contract - they had slid me to the Infinity plan, although not straight away.

I mentioned the Upgrade call had been recorded, the fact that at least 4 times I stated that I needed to tether as I was a boater without landline and at no point had the salesman said that this would not be possible without further charges whilst the call was in progress. I threatened to take the record of call to Ofcom, and eventually they let me revert to the One Plan again and would be disciplining the salesman.

I am carefully making sure I do not respond to that number.

When I first wanted the One Plan I had a similar experience. I was assured unlimited tethering but was cut off when I tried. I went the misselling route as well (in this case with Tesco who sold us the contract) and succeeded. Trouble is where I am now is with an expired contract and the absolute assurance from the salesman in the 3 shop that the One Plan no longer exists. So I keep my fingers crossed and try to keep my usage light. But I still can't resist answering those calls and then walking away from the phone when the mood takes me.

There is no problem answering calls, and indeed I suspect three will try and convince many people to change their contract with an upgrade or something similar, but just say no. They can't force you onto a different contract from the one you originally signed. The salesman even offered me free 0800 calls on a new package but when I told him I streamed video to a tethered device even he had a wry smile when he said "I'm not going to get you to change am I"