Can we have a politics section please?

RLWP

Featured Posts

I don't mind the odd bit of politics, what I do mind is the aggressive stance of some contributors.

What I would like is not greenies which do very little but reddies or maybe a bit brownies, or just vaguely maroon. If any poster gets too many (more than some but not an infinite amount, exact number to be defined in the future - or not) reddies then they can only post in the VP or some other vaguely defined place or not quite a place, for a period of time until their reddies count has been reduced by some process (to be defined by a court of law) of diminution by time. This would be Moderation by the membership.

It would also be necessary to limit each user to one reddy per offending poster to prevent victimisation, for a fee of £1000 per use.

Amended on inspiration from Cotswoldman.

biggrin.png

Edited by system 4-50

Can we have a section devoted to politics please where like minded individuals can discuss racism, the EU, migration, devolution and so on

Then the rest of us can ignore the pub bores who saw something on telly and want to get cross about it

Richard

I agree, politics brings me off the cut back into town with the concrete and crime, there are other forums for that, it only takes a minute to get me on my soap box, im on the canal and the canal world forum to get rid of that nasty side of life.

as long as politics stays off the cut we will all be happier

I don't mind the odd bit of politics, what I do mind is the aggressive stance of some contributors.

What I would like is not greenies which do very little but reddies. If any poster gets too many reddies then they can only post in the VP, for a period of time until their reddies count has been reduced by some process of diminution by time. This would be Moderation by the membership.

It would also be necessary to limit each user to one reddy per offending poster to prevent victimisation.

Even though it was a thread in the VP that started this petty thread ?

I agree, politics brings me off the cut back into town with the concrete and crime, there are other forums for that, it only takes a minute to get me on my soap box, im on the canal and the canal world forum to get rid of that nasty side of life.

as long as politics stays off the cut we will all be happier

I fear you are going to be disappointed. Someone will then decide other subjects irritate them and wants a forum that suites them.

What subjects, discussed on here, have nothing to do with the narrow view some others have of the canal world; there are many. I'm a non-drinker. The subject of drinking holds absolutely no interest for me. others obviously enjoy drinking. . You may find it hard to find an answer that allows drinking to be discussed and not politics, on the basis of canal life variety.

Personally speaking, I couldn't give a toss if a pint cost £30, but I wouldn't vote wish for that.

. I'm a non-drinker. The subject of drinking holds absolutely no interest for me. others obviously enjoy drinking. .

Me too - now, a discussion as to why a pint of lemonade & blackcurrant costs about the same as a pint of beer (including duty) - that would be worthwhile - but i guess of little interest to the majority of forumites.

Me too - now, a discussion as to why a pint of lemonade & blackcurrant costs about the same as a pint of beer (including duty) - that would be worthwhile - but i guess of little interest to the majority of forumites.

I'd say it is because they are charging what the market will bear, rather than a multiple of the cost price to the retailer.

CRT do it, why not pubs?

:)

MtB

• 2 weeks later...