First post, marina on river lark

Riverview

Featured Posts

Here's how it looked on Friday. I didn't have time to stop and have a look around. As it was I did the last 15 minutes in the dark, which was quite challenging (sunset photos here)

dscf6682.jpg

The moored narrowboat just after you turned onto the Lark, is that the same one that was there in the Spring, with an EA enforcement notice stuck to it?

The moored narrowboat just after you turned onto the Lark, is that the same one that was there in the Spring, with an EA enforcement notice stuck to it?

Sorry, I don't know, it's a year since I have been there.

The boat is called EMPEROR - I am sure I remember it from the Great Haywood area (not surprising as that is its home port). It did look a little neglected. Can't see any notices though.

post-13477-0-37915400-1450023823_thumb.jpg

Emperor got moved off the long time moorings he had, shared with another NB, and 2 or 3 plastics. The mooring was attached to a property that got sold. The new owner fixed the whole site up and allows a friend to moor his widebeam there.

Emperor spent a lot of time on the VM upstream of Prickwillow bridge. He then moved to a point midway between Prickwillow and Tom's Hole VM.

It would seem he has now moved down to near the Lark mouth, probably end up VM hopping as so many do down here. VMs are only 48hr but enforcement is negligible so they do, for the main part, get away with it.

Phil

Emperor got moved off the long time moorings he had, shared with another NB, and 2 or 3 plastics. The mooring was attached to a property that got sold. The new owner fixed the whole site up and allows a friend to moor his widebeam there.

Emperor spent a lot of time on the VM upstream of Prickwillow bridge. He then moved to a point midway between Prickwillow and Tom's Hole VM.

It would seem he has now moved down to near the Lark mouth, probably end up VM hopping as so many do down here. VMs are only 48hr but enforcement is negligible so they do, for the main part, get away with it.

Phil

When we paused at Denver on our way back to the canals there was a GRP cruiser with 3 enforcement notices, each exactly one month apart.

When we paused at Denver on our way back to the canals there was a GRP cruiser with 3 enforcement notices, each exactly one month apart.

Sort of backs up what I said about enforcement, there are quite a few boats that just float around from VM to VM spending a few weeks before moving on, sort of fouls things up because there are not too many VMs about and it is quite common during busy periods to have to move on for quite a way to find somewhere to moor. Wouldn't be too bad if like canals we had towpaths to moor on but we don't have that luxury.

Phil

Four now, to judge from this photo just posted by the EA. The yellow one is more serious than the three white ones, as it says the boat is being treated as abandoned, and requires action by the owner/master.

https://twitter.com/PaulSeparovicEA/status/675982868913463296