First post, marina on river lark

Riverview

Featured Posts

It's a pretty easy turn - use the inlet on the left, between the narrow boat and the end of the jetty, where there is a lifebuoy.

On my first trip, I put my bows in and then powered around. Last weekend (to minimize engine use) I put the stern in there and let the current take me round.

Note that the jetty (built on top of an older one) appears to be designed to scratch your paintwork - you need loads of squashy fenders on the side of your boat. But the pub is very friendly and well worth a visit. Also a nice walk - past several derelict locks - into Mildenhall.

dscf4680.jpg

I poked a couple of poles down into the river bed and let the boat lay against them so she didn't go under the jetty

Pub moorings - but they seem very relaxed and friendly about it (ie if you buy a pint or two you will be fine, three course meal not necessary).

My eldest son has found several nice spots around here to drop the mud anchors ...

They use to do some "interesting" dishes when we were that way. Above the lock is the best bit of the Lark IMO I did try getting further upstream but soon ran out of water

The TNC have photos that show them about a mile about the head of navigation, in 2001. See here

You could measure mine in yards, just round the bend after the bridge there was a shingle bank, not sure why it formed there because further up it looked quite a bit deeper

And you seem to have at least one moorer already (see blog of my trip last week, I am particularly proud of my photo of Ely cathedral).

dscf4671.jpg

Yes, this was as far as we got before we got stopped by the council, thanks for posting the photos, first time I've seen it from the river.

Good afternoon folks, I am just wondering if anyone near the great Ouse or river

lark could send me an email stating that both leisure and residential moorings are needed in the area, no addresses need to be given.

I need some firepower to support my application,

I'm sure I'll arrange free visitor moorings and a bbq in the summer.....

Dilley

Email, dilley1@live.co.uk

Edited by Riverview

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi folks,

A quick note to say that I now have full planning permission!!!! currently have space for boats, 50% of the pontoons are in place, a truly great location! prices are £40 per foot per year. Diesel and gas on sale as well as full workshop facilities....any questions, call Andrew on 07900555519.

• 3 weeks later...