Can you get a winter mooring in one location if you have a residential mooring somewhere else?

The Narrow Way

Featured Posts

If you have a residential mooring in one part of the network, that you want to hold on to, but you wish to cruise another part of the network for an extended period of time, are you eligible to apply for a winter mooring, like a regular CC'er?

Newbie here, by the way. Hi everybody smile.png .

Yes if you apply for a fixed location winter mooring

Thanks. I know there are 'registered' CC'ers. Can you register as such if you have a residential mooring that you are maintaining (but not using)? Does registering, or not registering affect your ability to apply for a fixed location winter mooring in addition?

I guess you are better speaking to CRT telling them your plans and explaining why you want a winter mooring in future I am sure they will help you

If you have a residential mooring in one part of the network, that you want to hold on to, but you wish to cruise another part of the network for an extended period of time, are you eligible to apply for a winter mooring, like a regular CC'er?

Newbie here, by the way. Hi everybody smile.png .

I suggest first you check your licence.

I checked mine this maoring and to my surprise my number ends with 007, the number denoting me as a CCer despite me having a home mooring.

I guess this makes me eligible for e winter mooring too, should I want one. You might be too!

MtB

I don't have a license yet. Or a boat! Still trying to plan and research. Your comments gratefully appreciated!

Dont forget to include a mooring in your research & planning, some parts of the country are 'full' and particularly if you wish to liveaboard, moorings are become very difficult to find.

If you are planning on not having a mooring, look very closely at the requirements to be a 'continuous cruiser' and see if you can meet them - there seems little point spending your hard earned cash for C&RT to come an sieze your boat* because you have not kept to the rules.

* C&RT are taking legal action against an average of 35 boaters per month.

Do the research - good luck

I suggest first you check your licence.

I checked mine this maoring and to my surprise my number ends with 007, the number denoting me as a CCer despite me having a home mooring.

I guess this makes me eligible for e winter mooring too, should I want one. You might be too!

MtB

Do you not need to have the BW 065 bit in your number as well to qualify?

Here's a link to the CaRT WInter mooring scheme:

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/boating/mooring/winter-moorings

and part of the FAQ from that:

I am not a Continuous Cruiser; can I book a winter mooring?

You are able to book one of our selected visitor mooring sites which we have designated as a winter mooring. Capacity is limited at these sites and we are giving booking priority to Continuous Cruisers but any boater may book remaining berths after 1 November.

I don't know if the site list is linked in the quote, so here's an explicit link:

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/media/library/7085-selected-visitor-moorings-2014-15.pdf

The FAQ says that CCers get priority for those though.

Here's a link to the CaRT WInter mooring scheme:

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/boating/mooring/winter-moorings

and part of the FAQ from that:

I don't know if the site list is linked in the quote, so here's an explicit link:

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/media/library/7085-selected-visitor-moorings-2014-15.pdf

The FAQ says that CCers get priority for those though.

Great info thanks. Clarifies things a bit I think.