Isuzu / Volvo Penta / VDO Tachometer Gauge - hour counter not working - fixed!

stuart

Featured Posts

Hello,

I wish Start and Mike continue to follow that topic. Those days I'm working with that VDO LCD replacement stuff. I've found smaller OLED screens (0.91", 128x32) working with the same SSD1306 controller. This OLED screen fits better in the gauge.

But ..... I've got an issue. The program compiles well but it displays only odd lines. I tried to figure out what I need to modify in the code (especially in the Adafruit_ssd1306syp library) but I did not find the solution. Can anyone help ?

Well, actually, I found the solution. Issue was in the initialization parameters of the SSD1306. Here's the modification to perform : 

in Adafruit_ssd1306syp.cpp

line 42 writeCommand(0x3F);//--set segment re-map 0 to 127

line 51 : writeCommand(0x02);//--set pre-charge period

• 1 year later...

If anyone is still using this hack (after all the LCD display can be bought on ebay for about 20 USD), then I updated the code a while ago to support the smaller displays too. It also supports vertical alignment of the text. It can still be found at the same location: https://mtech.dk/thomsen/Husky/repairs/vdo.php

In case you have questions, then better send a PM to me after writing the question here, as I for some reason don't get email notifications when there is a new message here.

15 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

You need to go into your account settings and 'tick the box' that asks if you want notifications.

It seems to be set up correctly. Anyway, this time I actually got an email. Maybe something has been fixed in the past two years ?