Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
madcat

Easter 2015 boat rally at Tipton.

Featured Posts

This event centres around Coronation Gardens and the Fountain pub. I hear it's good allthough I've been at Gnosall so not attended .

Fountain pub is known for good beer and good food.

I suspect it could be easier to get The Dormitory to than Gnosall! What accommodation is there in the area?

Edited by cheshire~rose

I'm on a tablet, Madcat, but I can't find any details, or dates. Do you have any details?

Just spotted this, I think it was listed on an email I was sent. I couldn't find it on the BCN site.

I think if you trawl through the Tipton Community Association website there's a mention somewhere. Last year was the first Easter event as far as I know. The September do is more well known

I've had a reply to my email , looks like it's all systems go for Easter 2015. 3rd and 4th of April.

Roving traders will be welcome

Premier inn Dudley or Travel lodge Oldbury are nearest.

I've had a reply to my email , looks like it's all systems go for Easter 2015. 3rd and 4th of April.

Roving traders will be welcome Premier inn Dudley or Travel lodge Oldbury are nearest.

Sounds good ! Putting the dates in my (very brand new, and pretty empty ) diary.

Anyone else going ?

Ok update on this thread. I had an email from Anne to say the dates are 4 th and 5th . The Fountain pub is putting on a small beer festival .

And if ''Babcocks'' the boiler makers are still at Tipton, the canal runs past the back of them, it's worth a visit, brilliant skills there. Just put on an old boiler suit and wander in. I did once one evening when I did an urgent van job for a courier firm whose vehicles I used to maintain. I'd gone there to collect a load of metal tempering trays that they had made which weren't quite ready to dispatch, so I just wandered about all over the factory. Nobody stopped me or anything, I even had tea in the workers rest room during they're tea break and no one even asked me who I was, they must have thought I worked there.

Just making the arrangements but hopefully should be attending with the Heritage Working Boats Group, bringing the pair Scorpio and Leo along for the weekend.

I've seen easter eggs in the shops so we must be getting close. Is this our Easter Banter now or what?

Edited by Dyad

I'm intending going to this one . Gnosall isn't on this year due to the retirement of the couple who ran the pub. Tipton seems to be a really good alternative . As long as Tawny Owl and Red Wharf rock up we got ourselves a banter.

Has anyone mentioned it to Richard & Sue?

I think there are a lot of people who kind of rely on "The Dorm" being available in order to make bantering an enjoyable prospect