Christmas Nuts! why do Brazils and Almonds have no flavour any more?

Chagall

Featured Posts

As far as 'taste' goes...it's the same reason that mints don't taste so minty any more..and curries don't seem so hot.

As you get older...you loose a lot of your sense of taste...so I was told by my doctor uncle....

That doesn't make your nuts dry up though...biggrin.png

As far as 'taste' goes...it's the same reason that mints don't taste so minty any more..and curries don't seem so hot.

As you get older...you loose a lot of your sense of taste...so I was told by my doctor uncle....

That doesn't make your nuts dry up though...biggrin.png

eventually unsure.png

I don't know the answer but bear this in mind. In Spain in my garden almonds are ready in December. They may be ready earlier elsewhere. It could be you are getting last years nuts. P.S. My nuts are past their best. LOL

Edited by bigste

On the subject of chestnuts, which grow around us here in vast numbers: they are easy to pick up, bring home and roast then eat, and very tasty, but how does one peel boiled chestnuts? Removing the outer husk after boiling is easy, but the remaining soft skin that adheres to the fruit is incredibly hard to get off.

Walnuts are ripe here now and very good to eat, so should, I would have thought, be tasty in the shops now too in the UK.

Best walnuts I tasted was UK ones that grew on my dads tree. I climbed it the year we sold up and shook all the branches...they were so yummy. I was really annoyed that a carrier bag full I gave to sister she ditched. It were hard work climbing tree at 54.

as title really... every year at Christmas I love a bowl of nuts in shells and all the fun of nutcrackers and every year Im disappointed...dry tasteless things, like chewing bird cage grit.

has anybody found consistently tasty nuts?

The first thing you should ensure is that they are this year's crop. In the case of Walnuts and Brasil Nuts I have seen them stored in warehouses from one year to the next before going out to shops