first decent cep of the season today, found the spot

TaffyRon

Featured Posts

you are more experienced than me, had plenty field shrooms, a few past it ceps and a chicken of the woods so far, rogers mushrooms book makes them all look the same

don't you believe it ,,,,,I know the ones that I come across regularly but as you say identifying one you've never seen before ain't so easy

I have always found that "Mushrooms and other fungii of Great Britain and Europe" by Roger Phillips (Pan Books) invaluable

(but I have 4 other books to cross reference) smile.png

Edited by John V

don't you believe it ,,,,,I know the ones that I come across regularly but as you say identifying one you've never seen before ain't so easy

I have always found that "Mushrooms and other fungii of Great Britain and Europe" by Roger Phillips (Pan Books) invaluable

(but I have 4 other books to cross reference) :)

I used to eat mushrooms with confidence but rogers mushrooms makes a death cap look like it could be a jelly ear

surely you jest the pictures don't even vaguely resemble.....(probably helps me that am familiar with death cap as quite common here)

yes im jesting, they are the easiest to identify, but I thought that about field mushrooms untill I got rogers book,

saying that, just eaten the ceps so if im back tomorrow theyre ok!!

Yeah know what you mean with the field's ....there seem to be so many variations, I get quite cagey with small horse mushrooms...the ones with the brightest yellow are too damn close to the faintest yellow versions of Yellow Stainer for my liking cheers.gif

Yeah know what you mean with the field's ....there seem to be so many variations, I get quite cagey with small horse mushrooms...the ones with the brightest yellow are too damn close to the faintest yellow versions of Yellow Stainer for my liking :cheers:

yep, its not worth dying the worst death for a mushroom but I think im ok with ceps and a few others.

the biggest mushroom killer of all is alcohol remember!