Toffe Vodka

Drayke

Featured Posts

We've made toffee vodka by putting toffees in vodka and done Werthers vodka the same way.

I imagine the same result - absolutely lovely but you do have to remember it's a spirit sometimes - it's so lovely you drink a bit too much of it and forget it's 40% proof!

(My sister discovered this in the run up one Christmas when she wobbled off home one evening and crashed at about 8pm. My brother in law posted on my Facebook wall "you broke my wife!!!))

We've made toffee vodka by putting toffees in vodka and done Werthers vodka the same way.

I imagine the same result - absolutely lovely but you do have to remember it's a spirit sometimes - it's so lovely you drink a bit too much of it and forget it's 40% proof!

(My sister discovered this in the run up one Christmas when she wobbled off home one evening and crashed at about 8pm. My brother in law posted on my Facebook wall "you broke my wife!!!))

Tried using toffee but found this took to long, using the syrup you can drink straight away but better chilled. Yes so easy to drink and forget. Just finished a couple of shots lovely.

Fred

If you have a little more time I highly recommend Christmas Pudding vodka. I make it every year, and often give it as a gift. You can also give someone a DIY kit - a bottle of vodka, a nice Kilner bottle, and all the dry ingredients, wrapped up all nicely smile.png

Recipe:

Xmas pudding vodka

Vodka – depending what’s available, adjust quantities to match

Sugar – dark muscovado, 1 tablespoon per litre

Honey – 1 tablespoon per litre

Cinnamon sticks – 2 normal sized sticks

Mixed dried fruit – 200g per litre

Mixed peel – 100g per litre

Nutmeg – ½ a clove, grated

Cloves – 6

Preparation

1. Place all ingredients into 1 litre of vodka in a sealed, sterilised container (e.g. Kilner jar, empty bottle etc) - ensure all containers are sterilised by running through a dishwasher cycle or washing thoroughly then warming in a low oven.
  1. Shake or turn the containers every couple of days for a couple of weeks
  1. Strain the mixture through muslin into a large, clean jug.
  1. Decant into nice sterilised bottles in time for Christmas. Store in the freezer for added loveliness.
Edited by Dekazer

Tesco's cheapest vodka, Pack of Werthers, empty vodka into larger bottle, empty Werthers into bottle.

Now here is the 'clever' bit...

Put the bottle in the dishwasher for a couple of cycles shaking vigorously in between, this will melt the Werthers quick smart.

Traditional Festival Boozy Treat - - yum yum

(deffo going to be trying the Xmas pud Voddy this year though - brilliant idea!)

Tesco's cheapest vodka, Pack of Werthers, empty vodka into larger bottle, empty Werthers into bottle.

Now here is the 'clever' bit...

Put the bottle in the dishwasher for a couple of cycles shaking vigorously in between, this will melt the Werthers quick smart.

Traditional Festival Boozy Treat - - yum yum

(deffo going to be trying the Xmas pud Voddy this year though - brilliant idea!)

Love that idea!

Unfortunately we haven't even got a washing machine let alone a dishwasher :D

These receipes do sound good. Gonna get the ingredients and start the Xmas pudding one today. Think that when I do the final bit of straining the mixed fruit, I could then use it in my xmas cake which will make a nice moist boozey cake. Best not have the vodka and cake at the same time though else I could end up well merry! :-)

Toffee Vodka, made this and it will not be wasted, unlike me! very nice. Could not find the syrup in Lidls so used the Monin Caramel Syrup from Sainsburys. Still worked but perhaps a little more expensive at £3 for 250ml.

Thank you for the suggestion, we will now have a go at the Christmas pud stuff.

• 1 month later...

If you have a little more time I highly recommend Christmas Pudding vodka. I make it every year, and often give it as a gift. You can also give someone a DIY kit - a bottle of vodka, a nice Kilner bottle, and all the dry ingredients, wrapped up all nicely smile.png

Recipe:

Xmas pudding vodka

Vodka – depending what’s available, adjust quantities to match

Sugar – dark muscovado, 1 tablespoon per litre

Honey – 1 tablespoon per litre

Cinnamon sticks – 2 normal sized sticks

Mixed dried fruit – 200g per litre

Mixed peel – 100g per litre

Nutmeg – ½ a clove, grated

Cloves – 6

Preparation

1. Place all ingredients into 1 litre of vodka in a sealed, sterilised container (e.g. Kilner jar, empty bottle etc) - ensure all containers are sterilised by running through a dishwasher cycle or washing thoroughly then warming in a low oven.
  1. Shake or turn the containers every couple of days for a couple of weeks
  1. Strain the mixture through muslin into a large, clean jug.
  1. Decant into nice sterilised bottles in time for Christmas. Store in the freezer for added loveliness.

Thanks Dekazer, I have just bottled my xmas pud vodka and had a little taster, very very good. Am a bit loathe to throw away the fruit tempted to make mince pies with them.

Do you mean dark rum? I tried flavouring white rum and the rum taste still came through strongly. I prefer using vodka as a base as it has very little flavour but imagine that dark rum would go very well with all the spices. I have got sloe and raspberry vodka this year as well.

I hope you're all enjoying it!

Personally I'm very much of the suck-it-and-see persuasion when it comes to flavouring booze! I simply can't see that adding lovely things to rum could make anything other than a lovely new drink :D

I'll be straining out my blackberry brandy this evening, sloe gin at the weekend, and getting the Xmas pudding vodka decanted into prettier bottles ready for Xmas - whoop whoop!

Cheers all cheers.gif

• 3 weeks later...