Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Ally

Loughborough Xmas antidote banter - Sunday 28th December

Featured Posts

I know travelodge will allow dogs for about an extra fiver a night but can we take Riko on the train?

Only if he has a rover ticket!

smile.png

<Ho ho ho. Holds sides with mirth. An elderly gag I know, but none the less obnoxious>

Its not so obnoxious

I wish I knew what a rover ticket is

All my worries are solved (in whatever order :D)

We're definitely coming (my work permitting)

Looking forward to it immensely!

Did you read my post MTB? Food and midnight all doable. They may run out of some beers, but they generally have a huge selection, so it might just mean changing to a different pint. This has happened at other banters, when there really hasn't been too much alternative choice. There are usually at least 9 draught ales on, plus draught perry and ciders, upstairs has draught international beers too. I suppose Christmas deliveries are sometimes a waiting game, I don't know, but I don't remember being forced to drink squash! Did anyone really not be able to buy a beer whilst they were serving?

If I could work out how to post a photo via my tablet, I could post the current beer menu. No problem via my lappy, but that's tucked away!

Nope.

What post?????????

:)

MtB

Its not so obnoxious

I wish I knew what a rover ticket is

Rover ticket, ie, one that lets you go anywhere on the set network (these days mainly associated with bus travel).

Rover, ie, dog's name=

Pun on rover ticket, as in a ticket for Rover (the dog).

Edited by Starcoaster

Thanks Starry. I was pretty certain it was a pun and could have guessed what a rover ticket was.

Not sure why I asked the question. Perhaps I was tiddly and trying to be clever

Thanks Starry. I was pretty certain it was a pun and could have guessed what a rover ticket was.

Not sure why I asked the question. Perhaps I was tiddly and trying to be clever

As kids we bought Red Rover BR railway tickets 2/6d I think they were to go anywhere for the day, that's if we couldn't cheat by buying a penny platform ticket and make train changes without going through a ticket barrier. We once travelled to Crewe from Chadwell Heath Essex with just platform tickets. the big connections which made this possible were Stratford (east London) and Queens Park on the line from Euston both of which you could change from the underground to the BR system without passing through any ticket barriers, the only draw back was we had to always travel in stages by local trains because of the wretched guard on expresses checking tickets. and oh we did so want to get on an express but were forced to abstain. There were a few other permutations for travelling afar on a 1d platform ticket too, Stratford being the trick. I think we new the rail system better than BR did.

Yes, the Sunday after Xmas. I have some menus from them, I just have to work out how to get them on here from my tablet!

Anyone know how I can copy a PDF onto here? It won't copy and paste. The Swan sent me some food options via a PDF, it would take me blummin ages to write out! I'm on a nexus tablet by the way.

Right, managed to change one of the documents that is the buffet options, please see below if we want to go down that route, let me know your thoughts. Otherwise I think we can use the normal menu, and they have Christmas pies on, which I can't copy, but are the first four pies here:

http://www.pieminister.co.uk/classic-pies/

Sorry, struggling a bit on my tablet, not sure the link will work?

CHRISTMAS BOOKINGS

2 TO 30 PEOPLE?

BOOK A TABLE IN OUR DINING ROOM

30 PLUS PEOPLE?

HAVE A PRIVATE PARTY IN THE HOP LOFT

LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIAL?

WE WILL DEVELOP A MENU ESPECIALLY FOR YOU

LOOKING FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT?

BEER TASTING SESSION WITH FOOD MATCHING

FROM SMALL GROUPS TO LARGE PARTIES WE CAN CATER FOR ALL OF YOUR NEEDS. TELEPHONE 01509 217014

Christmas Buffet Option £9.95PP

Pork Pie with apple sauce

Pigs in Blankets

Baked Camembert (V)

Mini Turkey & Cranberry Pies

Mini Honey Glazed Carrot and Mushroom Tart (V)

Parsnip & Carrot Crisps (V)

Local Honey Roast Ham

Tomato & Mozzarella Salad (V)

Cheese Board Selection

Selection of Breads

Chocolate Brownies

Buffet Option 1 £5.50PP

Selection of Sandwiches

Sausage Rolls

Chips, Crisps & Dips

Mixed Leaves

Buffet Option 2 £8.50PP

Honeyed Sausages

Tomato, Mozzarella & Basil Salad (V)

Potato & Chive Salad (V)

Homemade Coleslaw (V)

Local Honey Roast Ham

Poached Salmon

Mixed Leaves

Selection of Bread & Cheese

Canapé Menu £7.50PP

Smoked Salmon & Cream Cheese Blinis

Ham, Cream Cheese & Pineapple Blinis

Bruschetta

Stuffed Baby Peppers (V)

Chicken Liver Pate Crostini & Onion Marmalade

Tomato, Mozzarella & Basil Crostini

TryDropbox

Failing that email them to me (I can pm you my email address) and I can post them up as images. (Or you could of course)

Thanks!..for some reason unknown to me, even though I am on the desktop version not the android version of the forum, I still don't have the full posting options, like to add a link or photo. Its driving me nuts!

Thanks!..for some reason unknown to me, even though I am on the desktop version not the android version of the forum, I still don't have the full posting options, like to add a link or photo. Its driving me nuts!

Its not supported by the standard browser on Android nor indeed Safari on an iPad.

You have to use one of the third party browsers to get the exact same functionality as you do on a PC or laptop.

Edited by The Dog House

Its not supported by the standard browser on Android nor indeed Safari on an iPad. You have to use one of the third party browsers to get the exact same functionality as you do on a PC or laptop.

Ah right! At least I know its not just me being dum! 😁

Edited by Ally

Quick bump in the hopes people might add their names if they're coming, and also look at if we fancy a buffet, or just normal menu plus pies? (See above)

I think we will probably be there Ally, but still looking at logistics.

Is anybody intending to be staying in Luff for more than just the Sunday evening please - in particular might there be any kind of rehearsal "pre Banter" opportunities on the Saturday.

• Greenie 1

Yes Alan

Lemontoes and I are intending to arrive on Saturday

Yes Alan

Lemontoes and I are intending to arrive on Saturday

Splendid! We may well plan to do likewise.

EDIT: (So is that one waistcoat, or two....)

Edited by alan_fincher

I think you need several: Saturday evening waistcoat, Sunday breakfast waistcoat, Sunday evening waistcoat, Monday morning breakfast, going on the railway waistcoat...

I think you need several: Saturday evening waistcoat, Sunday breakfast waistcoat, Sunday evening waistcoat, Monday morning breakfast, going on the railway waistcoat...

I thought I had definitely been promised a Thomas the Tank Engine pullover for Christmas? I would hate to cover it up!

Just realised we haven't booked a room - better get on it straight away