Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Ally

Loughborough Xmas antidote banter - Sunday 28th December

Featured Posts

A couple of people have asked me about having another banter at Christmas, in Loughborough.

Saturday the 27th is looking favourite, though I haven't spoken to the pub yet. We could possibly book their "hop loft" if there are a goodly few of us, its been changed since last year (upstairs)

I'll try and speak with them this week if people are up for it.

Travel lodge opposite the pub is still standing, and about a 30 second walk from the basin if you fancy boating it!

BSP posting using Monkey's log in:

No public transport the day before (Boxing Day) makes the Saturday a bit tricky for those of us coming from the other side of the country. Five hours on the train on Saturday will leave me a bit too broken to manage a night of shenanigans too. Can anyone do the Sunday instead or as well as?

Edited by tree monkey

We will most likely be coming and although we can do either day the Sunday would mean we can have an extra day at Gnosall recovering from Christmas before we drive over to Loughborough to start partying all over again.

I suspect there may be many people w**king on Monday 22nd though? How many of those would like to have been bantering only time will tell.

I suspect there may be many people w**king on Monday 22nd though? How many of those would like to have been bantering only time will tell.

Monday 29th?

For those that like steam, I notice that the Great Central Railway has a special event on for the whole of that week - so there will be trains.

Edited by Catrin

Monday 29th?

For those that like steam, I notice that the Great Central Railway has a special event on for the whole of that week - so there will be trains.

Yes sorry 29th... before my first coffee of the day :)

I missed the train last year, so will look forward to that.

I hope they order extra cake if you are going ;)

I can try for the Sunday if that's preferred? I was concerned whether opening hours might be earlier on the Sunday than Saturday, and of course folk working the Monday. It could be a rolling weekend banter though I guess?

Preferences on dates please then....I'm leaving Loughborough this Thursday!

We will most likely be coming and although we can do either day the Sunday would mean we can have an extra day at Gnosall recovering from Christmas before we drive over to Loughborough to start partying all over again.

Really??!!! ohmy.pngohmy.pngohmy.png

Oh... I think you meant W*RKING....

MtB

For those that will be staying in the travelodge a day needs to settled on ASAP because the closer you get to the day the room price increases.. Just saying.

I won't be there again this year as its a long way really for just one night but would encourage any body else to go as its a nice pub, handy for the basin and the travelodge too.

And I think for any charity shop fans Loughborough has got to be the capital,of the UK!

MtB

I had the same thought as you obviously, but decided not to highlight it as I thought some of the forums more sensitive characters might find it all too much.

Grrrr.

One day one of these banters will be proposed for a date I'm not at work :-(

Of course you could always propose a banter for a day you are not at work and see how many people can work around you?

MtB

Clearly the memories of The Fridaaay thread where EVERYBODY knew exactly what w**k was are fading.

Having missed Buckby sick.gif I am suffering banter withdrawal so would like to get there. Depends on a couple of other factors though.

The real monkey here, I am sure whatever day it is help we will be there, it's a tradition now, there will be a blue plaque on the pub soon

OK, so mostly Sunday the 28th is looking like the preferred date? So far anyway. Any that couldn't do that?

A couple of people have asked me about having another banter at Christmas, in Loughborough.

Saturday the 27th is looking favourite, though I haven't spoken to the pub yet. We could possibly book their "hop loft" if there are a goodly few of us, its been changed since last year (upstairs)

I'll try and speak with them this week if people are up for it.

Travel lodge opposite the pub is still standing, and about a 30 second walk from the basin if you fancy boating it!

Bleeding well hope so, I booked my travelodge room months ago :-)

Bleeding well hope so, I booked my travelodge room months ago :-)

Ah, but for which night?????