FREE FIREWOOD

Darren72

Featured Posts

Oddly have just come in after a session cutting up pallets.....Not my favourite fuel but anything going for free should not be sneezed at......incidentally if you have a proper wood burner then there is no grate for the nails to get stuck in.

Yes theres really no need for it, we are all boaters just get on, some swear some dont, its not going to kill you like ebola.

anyway, i dont need firewod as im working my way through videos and car tyres

However swearing in that manner is contrary to forum R&g's hence the report.

How many pallets can you fit in a stove? They'd need cutting up before going in the stove, so why not cut them up a bit to get them into the car?

:facepalm:

The ones I get, are delivered to within a few hundred feet of the barge smile.png

So you still have to drag them a few hundred feet to the barge? I don't call that a delivery. (unless your butler drags them to the barge..) Edited by luctor et emergo

I originally put the location of these said pallets on the original post. If you aint near DEWSBURY obviously you aint gonna trail for hours to get them. They're are for FREE but COLLECTION required. So fuel is required to run your vehicle to get to said pallets. Dont be so petty and criticise. If you dont want them dont bother stating your PROS and CONS. I DONT GIVE A FLYING .... Just trying to get rid of the pallets to some one who may benefit from them. If not they're off to the local bonfire or tip.

Good for you. But to travel any distance to collect those pallets would be silly. It be cheaper to use the petrol money to buy a bag of coal.

Thats why I put the location on the post. I only expect locals to come as its 5 mins from the cut.

:facepalm:

So you still have to drag them a few hundred feet to the barge? I don't call that a delivery. (unless your butler drags them to the barge..)

Well. I don't know about everyone else, but my butler refuses to move pallets. He claims it stains his white gloves.

I blame it all on unions.

Well. I don't know about everyone else, but my butler refuses to move pallets. He claims it stains his white gloves.

I blame it all on unions.

Any self-respecting butler would be thinking of finding another employer if asked to fetch firewood. A butler's job is to manage all the household servants, while the head gardener would manage the grounds. So gathering and chopping firewood would be done by a junior gardener, and the butler would send someone to fetch it in and make the fire, perhaps the parlour maid if it's for an upstairs room. I don't get this from my grandmother who was a parlour maid before WW1, as she died when I was 3; I've just watched too many costume dramas.

Dont be so petty and criticise. If you dont want them dont bother stating your PROS and CONS. I DONT GIVE A FLYING .... Just trying to get rid of the pallets to some one who may benefit from them. If not they're off to the local bonfire or tip.

Could you take the nails out for me? wink.png

I originally put the location of these said pallets on the original post. If you aint near DEWSBURY obviously you aint gonna trail for hours to get them. They're are for FREE but COLLECTION required. So fuel is required to run your vehicle to get to said pallets. Dont be so petty and criticise. If you dont want them dont bother stating your PROS and CONS. I DONT GIVE A FLYING .... Just trying to get rid of the pallets to some one who may benefit from them. If not they're off to the local bonfire or tip.

@Darren72

Thanks for the kind offer. I don't need them, but perhaps by now somebody local to you has gratefully collected them, to your and their mutual benefit.