BSS ALERT BOATERS TO CALOR LITE® GAS CYLINDER RECALL

Rob@BSSOffice

Featured Posts

To let you know that the BSS has issued a new release and placed information on our website supporting the Calor Gas Ltd and alerting boaters to Calor’s immediate product recall on all 6kg Calor Lite® cylinders manufactured between 2008 - 2011 inclusively.

This follows concerns regarding the potential deterioration of the cylinder.

The key details are on this link http://www.boatsafetyscheme.org/about-us/news-and-press-releases/press-releases/ please feel free to pass this on via your blogs, Facebook and other social media. See @BSS_BoatSafety tweets also

Although Calor Lite® cylinders are mainly sold within the caravan and general markets, we are aware that such cylinders are on sale in the marine sector and that boaters buy the product.

Calor and the BSS would welcome your help with publicising this immediate recall.

Although we will be briefing BSS Examiners shortly in case boat owners raise the issue in conversation, there is no expectation that BSS Examiners will check Calor Lite® cylinders.

Thanks for warning although it doesnt apply to me as I use 13k red. However I would be interested to know how do you tell the age of a gas bottle? Is it stamped on there somewhere?

click on the link in the original post - finding date covered in detail

On my Facebook page so hopefully my caravaning friends will pick it up as well

Thanks Brian

Thanks for warning although it doesnt apply to me as I use 13k red. However I would be interested to know how do you tell the age of a gas bottle? Is it stamped on there somewhere?

Yep - on the web page link we have some pictures courtesy of Calor showing where the date can be found. There is also a description of how to know which cylinders have been inspected, tested and marked as safe.

I'm not very good at posting pics on here, but those in the know are welcome to lift and post the pics here help CWDF members.

Regards