Webasto v Eberspacher aka beers patcher

bigcol

Featured Posts

Wondering if anyone's got any comments.

Between the Eberspacher Hydronic 5 D5WSC boat heater, and a Webasto 5.2 thermotop

Is there a best, or more powerfull between the 2?

Which one would you choose.?

I've got a Webasto 5 kW, which I think is broken

If I was to buy a complete new main unit

A new Webasto would just slot in where the current one is all connections would all be the same.

If I bought a new boat eberspacher main unit, would the plugs, pipe work, and the themistor time clock all fit the same, water hoses and exhaust etc, or is everything different sizes. Minimal work, and changing

Or would I have to buy the complete narrow kit as sold by Midland swindlers.

All the best

Col

Dear moderators. Could you re do the heading please. How does ipad make Eberspacher

beer something? Apologies

Edited by bigcol

The Webasto unit is just a year old, waiting for the seller eu heaters to reply

It's the 5.2 thermotop

I don't know what's wrong with it at all, all I know that the fuel pump works when hot wired to battery, but when in system doesn't come on!

Could be the pump, timer or pcb, haven't got a clue.

But to get someone here, labour traveling time then parts

I was thinking just buy a new one

I've had no luck with webastos, and when you haven't got CH, the whole world has stopped!!

Want to get sorted ASAP,

Hi ya Col,

Don't give up on your Webesto, at least get it looked at matey,

As you know, I've got the D5 it's fine, does what it's supposed to & does it well, The Bleed screw is very accessible, it heats up my Calorifire in about 35 minutes on the rare occasions it's cold, I also use it to warm my engine up via a valve, again I would suggest that as most Diesel Air Heaters or Diesel Water heaters of this type, they like to be Worked Hard, and Hate Cycling,

On my last boat I used one to heat a dedicated Calorifire, that then fed my underfloor heating that I installed in the small Aft Cabin.as well as a Towel Radiator in the Main Head area. So yep a thumbs up from me.

The Hydronic will require new pump, loom, and controller so a bit more involved, they are both about the same as far as reliability and performance go but the Webasto has a better voltage tolerance (on the proper narrow boat version anyway) at one year old if you want to send it to me and it is a genuine registered for warranty unit I will sort it FOC except return postage.

• Greenie 1

NMEA. Thank you so much,

But I've had a surprise!

I did email car-heaters eu,and had a moan, and they emailed back late last night,

they have sent me out a new ECU, as they think this will be faulty, I have to send the old one back.

Under warrantee.

I also had a pm from someone at Grove, who is going to have a look this afternoon, he's rang me, and take out if needed the old ECU

And instal the new filter.

NMEA. Your the tops . Greenie for you

Ps does the serial number tell you re warrantee? This is who I bought from http://carheaters.eu

Col

NMEA. Thank you so much,

But I've had a surprise!

I did email car-heaters eu,and had a moan, and they emailed back late last night,

they have sent me out a new ECU, as they think this will be faulty, I have to send the old one back.

Under warrantee.

I also had a pm from someone at Grove, who is going to have a look this afternoon, he's rang me, and take out if needed the old ECU

And instal the new filter.

NMEA. Your the tops . Greenie for you

Ps does the serial number tell you re warrantee? This is who I bought from http://carheaters.eu

Col

Just pleased you got a result Col, the serial number does tell us everything, but not the printed one, when we interrogate the ECU we know everything including how long it has run, how long at full, how long at half, number of starts and lots lots more like wether it is a proper narrowboat version... Oh and yes, it tells us your Granny's maiden name too. You would be surprised at the number of "I've hardly ever used it" heaters with 2,500 + hours on them happy.pngN.B. see my other post re removing ECUs on Thermo Tops.

Deleted.

Edited by NMEA