Illegal fish stunning on CRT waters

Laurence Hogg

Featured Posts

Quite right, I don't see anything wrong with ignoring rules that I personally disagree with.

I would love to elaborate further but I'm just off out to murder somebody. :)

Do you actually engage your brain before you post on here?

That's a hard concept to grasp. For example, I own the waterway which flows along the front of my property, but only up to half way across. So if a fish repeatedly swims from one side of the river to the other, then back again, does it become my property, then cease to be my property, then become my property again, etc. etc?

Snortworthy clapping.gif

no.

i dont see anything wrong with fishing for the pot

except on the scale that it is evidently happening these days..........so everyone is happy for our fish stocks to be depleted in this manner. ?

Edited by tillergirl

When I go fishing I usually take my rucksack. I don't need a lot of kit and what I do have fits in my rucksack. I also don't take a keep net, why would I want to store a fish in a net for a few hours only to put it back? I have also been known to light a fire if I'm cold or take a BBQ if it is a sunny day and I have friends with me. Don't assume these things mean that person is fishing for food. I wouldn't eat a fish from the filthy canal if you paid me.

Swans, on the other hand look delicious.

Don't tell me - you also don't use a rod, but make do with a bit of twig and a line?

You'll never spread panic and outrage with comments like that.

No, Richard spreads panic by making a sucking noise, and shaking his head thoughtfully..

[Edit to separate my comments ]

Coming late to the party...

I like people who think fishing for food is bad, but fishing for "sport" is good.

Sport?

Edited by luctor et emergo

Coming late to the party...

I like people who think fishing for food is bad, but fishing for "sport" is good.

Sport?

well i used to be of the same mind but having chatted to several fisherfolk over the last couple of years and watched one bring in a massive ugly one i may be changing my mind on that

they recognise the fish they catch sometimes which surprised me

i believe squirrel was quite the rage a few years ago but there seems to be plenty of them left

passenger pigeons were apparently tasty until the USA ate them all.

As a matter of interest are fish actually any physical benefit to canals at all and would the annihilation of them make that much difference?

well i used to be of the same mind but having chatted to several fisherfolk over the last couple of years and watched one bring in a massive ugly one i may be changing my mind on that

My neighbour does a lot of fishing off his boat and seems to enjoy it. He see lots of things I don't like kingfishers (I've seen one once here in 15 years, he sees them regularly). I'm not sure if this is because he's sat on the back of his boat for a long time fishing or if he's tripping balls on mushrooms. Either way, he's happy enough.

passenger pigeons were apparently tasty until the USA ate them all.

As a matter of interest are fish actually any physical benefit to canals at all and would the annihilation of them make that much difference?*

can ecosystems be understood and manipulated in such simplistic ways?

Richard

Always answer a question with a question, it's so annoying

*yes it would. Ecologically it upsets the balance of species in an unpredictable way. Economically it deprives CRT of income from fishing clubs. Politically, it's a disaster

He see lots of things I don't like kingfishers (I've seen one once here in 15 years, he sees them regularly).

And your boat is at Norton Canes? We see more kingfishers on the BCN than most other places

Richard

Edited by RLWP

That's a hard concept to grasp. For example, I own the waterway which flows along the front of my property, but only up to half way across. So if a fish repeatedly swims from one side of the river to the other, then back again, does it become my property, then cease to be my property, then become my property again, etc. etc?

Yes, and you're liable for carpital gains tax every time...

And your boat is at Norton Canes? We see more kingfishers on the BCN than most other places

Richard

I've heard that there's a lot in Wolverhampton. The only time I've seen one here, or anywhere else for that matter, it was sat on the tiller of a boat moored in front of ours looking at me through the door.

. Why is it that every time someone high lights a problem that has arisen since our open door policy came about and all evidence points at a certain source do people have to start throwing the racist card about, it's pathetic, unless you are legally licensed to use electro fishing gear it is illegal regardless of the colour of your skin or were you come from full stop,so let's just catch these people first if they don't belong here send em packing if they turn out to be British then throw the book it's simple ,it is more likely to be Eastern Europeans as they eat course fish were as the rest of us like are fish from the sea and that is a fact it does not make anyone a racist for saying so , so just drop the racist shite its boring and self defeating

Very brave of you to say this, crafty carper.

"Eastern Europeans" are plundering the thames to death.

Gangs of them all night, every night. (6 rods to a person).

It's well known.

Nobody says or does anything, because the English are pussies scared of being declared racist and/or non PC.

Sad state of affairs, really. Very sad.

• Greenie 2

Swans, on the other hand look delicious.

I wouldn't eat a fish from the filthy canal if you paid me.

Let me think about this, you wouldn't eat fish out of a filthy canal but swans who get their food out of a filthy canal look delicious.

Hmmmm!