Horse s***

rubblequeen

Featured Posts

OK a bit off the wall but got to thinking today while poo picking in the horses paddock. The poo is mostly made up of grass and just wondered if anyone knows if it will burn when dried out. I know in India they use cow poo for fuel, well I have unparalleled access to huge amounts of horse poo and wondered about burning it on our Squirrel.

I'm sure on here someone's tried it before.

Simon likes to eat it, if you don't burn it feed your dog with it (if you have one)

Riko likes to annoint himself with it. I worked this out when out one day when I finished a mobile phone conversation. Looking down I saw the owd boy had turned green

Never heard Charlie called that before.

Carl, I got it from "A Cry from the Cut" produced by the BBC Home Service broadcast in 1962.

Or "The English Canals"

Without listening to the CD's it was either

Sam Lomas, Joe Skinner, Alf Best or Mr Bates.

Edited by Ray T

There used to be a bit of a race amongst neighbours in our street in N. London as to who could scoop up the horse manure first; dustman/milkman/rag'nbone man (not their poo - the horses), as it was highly regraded for the Roses. The stables where my daughter works have to pay to have it carted away.

Yes, it will burn, but the high moisture content will gum the flue. Dried it is very fibrous, frankly not worth the effort. We did at one time burn dried cow pats when on the L&L - just to see if they would. And they did. The smell of smouldering dung heaps was one of those that sticks in the memory never to be forgotten.