Headroom

Felshampo

Featured Posts

Is there a convention on the way headroom is described in boat adverts? Is it measured in the middle of the boat or at the sides? If it is the sides what is the usual increase to the middle? Does it vary in different parts of the boat or should it be the same throughout?

cheers

Mine is the same fore to aft also.

I have variously heard it called head room and head clearance. The second implies that it would be to the sides of the boat...

If you are tall and headroom is an issue, (I am guessing this must be the case), I think that you are going to have to view and test. I certainly wouldn't want to trust the way people write ads on the duck! You may find you get a good response to asking people though.

Mine is the same fore to aft also.

I have variously heard it called head room and head clearance. The second implies that it would be to the sides of the boat...

If you are tall and headroom is an issue, (I am guessing this must be the case), I think that you are going to have to view and test. I certainly wouldn't want to trust the way people write ads on the duck! You may find you get a good response to asking people though.

Head clearance is the difference between the top of your head and the ceiling and will vary from person to person.