A new river Nene Boaters' Association?

Chop!

Featured Posts

I look forward to hearing more about it. Are you on the committee?

Thanks for your support Amy i have been elected to the roll of Vice Chairman.

Likewise as we're about to move onto the Nene!

Where do I join? If this is going to be something like GOBA, I'm all for it, and I'm happy to join now to help it get off the ground.

MP.

We are having our first meeting next Saturday if you would like to pm me your details i will pass onto Membership Secretary and she will send you out a form. Thankyou.

Edited by ditch paddler

The plastic cruisers certainly don't want more of us (NBers) as they moor up to allow room for a 30footer inbetween but I have never had one pull up to allow my 60 footer in, they all manage to look the other way.

Phil

Actually I love it when they watch me wheel round in the river and squeeze my 27ft steel boat into one of these spaces, especially when one of them has moored facing downstream and my bow ends up actually under their high pointy end.

Where is the meeting Alan? And how will you fit in? Peterborough with your fuel boat in the morning, Titmarsh Club, 'on the lash' with us in the evening and a meeting, you'll be a busy bee that day.

So I'll send a warning out to all on the Nen(e) :-

My mate Shorty is visiting us from the Netherlands this week and will be staying on our butty, so we've decided to take both boats out leaving next Friday, neither Glenda or Shorty have ever steered a butty before ohmy.png

BTW was the agreed name Friends of the Nene or Friends of the River Nene? (memory like a sieve)

Edited by Chop!

Where is the meeting Alan? And how will you fit in? Peterborough with your fuel boat in the morning, Titmarsh Club, 'on the lash' with us in the evening and a meeting, you'll be a busy bee that day.

My mate Shorty is visiting us from the Netherlands this week and will be staying on our butty, so we've decided to take both boats out leaving next Friday, neither Glenda or Shorty have ever steered a butty before ohmy.png

BTW was the agreed name Friends of the Nene or Friends of the River Nene? (memory like a sieve)

Hi Mate, Yes name is correct, thought you where cruising to Oundle on Saturday not Titchmarsh. Don't you worry I'll fit it all in always got time for a beer!

Hi Mate, Yes name is correct, thought you where cruising to Oundle on Saturday not Titchmarsh. Don't you worry I'll fit it all in always got time for a beer!

We'll be moored at Denford (Cock) Friday, Wadenhoe (Kings) Saturday lunchtime, Titmarsh (Club) Saturday evening, we'll have to take Glenda has back to Ringstead so that she can get back to Suffolk on Sunday night, my Dutch mate is staying until the following Wednesday.

BTW Blackthorn Lake Marina is now full, since the big falling out at Woodford

P.S. Choice of two association names there, which one is right? cheers.gif

We'll be moored at Denford (Cock) Friday, Wadenhoe (Kings) Saturday lunchtime, Titmarsh (Club) Saturday evening, we'll have to take Glenda has back to Ringstead so that she can get back to Suffolk on Sunday night, my Dutch mate is staying until the following Wednesday.

BTW Blackthorn Lake Marina is now full, since the big falling out at Woodford

P.S. Choice of two association names there, which one is right?

Friends of the River Nene, whats gone on at Woodford i heard people where leaving?

Friends of the River Nene, whats gone on at Woodford i heard people where leaving?

Seems the owner finally pushed his luck too far, another lot have gone to Billing, been told only 2 boats will be left there

Friends of The River Nene have now secured their second mooring site just downstream of Wellingborough there is a work party this coming saturday to get area cleared if anyone is at a loose end.

Brilliant. Wellingborough needs more moorings that aren't ridiculously noisy.

Friends Of The River Nene have now secured their 3rd mooring site at Woodford with good access to the Village including choice of pubs.

Sounds like we were just too early with our trip this autumn. One question, when you say "secured" the mooring what does that mean? Bought the land (surely not) or obtained the landowners permission?

Anyway, sounds like great progress in a short time.

• 2 weeks later...