Cleaning anti-slip surface

RichLech

Featured Posts

The dark blue anti-slip surface on the roof of my boat needs a good clean. I've done one section with a cream cleaner and scrubbing brush which worked OK but took a long time.

The surface is like course sandpaper. Does anyone have a recommendation that might make cleaning the rest of it a bit easier/quicker?

I've seen reference on the Forum to Starbrite Foaming Deck Wash. Anyone got experience of this or any other product?

I've been wondering, on the rest of my boat I use Mer which is a good colour-restorer (especially on the red bits) but it needs polishing off when it has dried to a powder so can't be used on the non-slip roof - but would it work if I applied it, allowed it to dry, and then used a pressure washer on it?

The dark blue anti-slip surface on the roof of my boat needs a good clean. I've done one section with a cream cleaner and scrubbing brush which worked OK but took a long time.

The surface is like course sandpaper. Does anyone have a recommendation that might make cleaning the rest of it a bit easier/quicker?

I've seen reference on the Forum to Starbrite Foaming Deck Wash. Anyone got experience of this or any other product?

I believe I was the OP for this product and it really does work very well with little effort, I used it on my Broads cruiser which had 18" wide side decks bow deck to match and a large stern deck. It did get pretty mucky with 2 of us plus 4 dogs. Plenty of ingrained dirt so I did it on a regular basis,

I would never use a pressure washer but that's just me probably a throw back to my time as a marine valet.

Phil