Building/living-aboard Insurance?

NorthwichTrader

Featured Posts

Hi,

Can anyone advise on an appropriate insurance policy/company for our situation?

We're going to be liveaboard with a current 75% fit out...the rest to be completed over the next 12-18 months by ourselves!

The boat has a present value around £110K, with a replacement value around the £175k mark on completion, if buying from a builder.

We don't want to bend any rules that might affect any claims in the future; we want to declare our status as liveaboards and highlight the work-in-progress...any starting points or advice?

Many thanks,

Stuart

Hi,

My apologies to those who have read/added to this in 'general boating', I just wasn't sure where to drop this one?

We're going to be liveaboard with a current 75% fit out...the rest to be completed over the next 12-18 months by ourselves!

The boat has a present value around £110K, with a replacement value around the £175k mark on completion, if buying from a builder.

We don't want to bend any rules that might affect any claims in the future; we want to declare our status as liveaboards and highlight the work-in-progress...any starting points or advice?

Many thanks,

Stuart

Hi,

My apologies to those who have read/added to this in 'general boating', I just wasn't sure where to drop this one?

Many thanks,

Stuart

Get a surveyor to value it for you and you base your insured value on that.

Hi,

I'm not in a position to speak from experience but I have spotted this clause in my policy with Towergate Mardon which covers fitting out risks.

Endorsement I - Fitting Out Risks

It is noted and agreed that during the Period Of Insurance the Sum Insured under Section 2, 3 or 5

(whichever is applicable) of Your Policy in respect of hull and materials is increasing due to outfitting

and that during this period, claims settlement will be based on proof of expenditure at time of loss but

not exceeding the sum’s insured as shown in Your Schedule.

I'm happy to email you a copy of the policy if you wish.