Furness Vale Marina - no pump out for visitors

Boredrider

Featured Posts

Visitors to the Peak Forest Canal may wish to know that Furness Vale Marina no longer offers pump out facilities to visiting boats. The lady at the marina office assured me, this afternoon, that pump outs are now only done for their own moorers, and then only by prior appointment.

• 1 year later...

Well you call someone away from another job, its 20 minutes before they get back to it and you take £15 you also have to service repair the pump out equipment etc. Are they losing that much money by not doing it. I buy diesel from places that don't do pump outs, in fact I cant remember the last time I bought diesel while having a pump out.

As has been said before a pipe with a standard fitting for boats to self pump out then no difference to cassette except probably cleaner if done properly No motor or pump for marina to maintain .

Boater makes choice of what pump out kit to have Manual pump or Electric pump.

I didn't know that

Your coalboat education is sadly lacking then; they deliver much more than just coal - floating chandlery is a much closer description. However , it's easier to say #waitingforthecoalboat than #waitingforfloatingchandlery and they have been known to deliver brewing kits and flowers!