Evopower Suitcase Generators

Rambling

Featured Posts

Has anyone tried one of these portable generators. I can't find any reviews on them, so assume they must be quite new. Good price compared to lots of others though.

http://thepowersite.co.uk/evopower-evo3000ei-2-8kw-electric-start-inverter-generator/?gclid=Cj0KEQjwhLCgBRCf0fPH043IlJwBEiQAf8P8U2GbnlZClthCZzpS4-XJc7F6hV8Jb0if8MXLgOn5MukaAnQR8P8HAQ

There seem to be a flurry of ultra cheap inverter/generators coming onto the market. The EvoPower has electric start and an extra 200 watts over the popular Kipor IG2600 not to mention a few quid less.

The Swiss Craft linked to above has a two stroke engine so I would avoid that. The ITC power similar spec to EvoPower but no electric start - pushing the limit of a suitcase generator at a hefty 30Kg!

I guess time will tell how reliable they are but being so new on the market, any buyer now would be on their own.

The Evopower's have been popular with us, because they have genuine Hyundai engines in them. The casing it a bit generic, but they perform incredibly well, and they do have two models with remote and electric start, just at a low cost. Not a fan of the Swiss Kraft when we sold them. Parts were more difficult to get a hold of. ITC are good but we don't do those either as Spanish based.

I guess time will tell how reliable they are but being so new on the market, any buyer now would be on their own.

In regards to the above statement, the good thing with the Evopower's are that they are a UK company, so the buyers for these aren't on their own. UK warranty and parts is what sells the majority of them for us. The original EVO200SEI was the initial model brought in 24 months ago to iron out most of the kinks of the new range, so touch wood so far, most of the generators we sell from here we don't get back.

Happy to help or talk candidly and frankly to anyone who wants to know anything though.

Thom James (thom.james@thepowersite.co.uk)

Dare I suggest, joerobo, that you may well find your Swiss Kraft 'Silent' model to be anything but silent, witha '94' decibel rating on the case, either you will be suffering the noise, or your neighbour will be. Is it too late to cancel your order?????

Dare I suggest, joerobo, that you may well find your Swiss Kraft 'Silent' model to be anything but silent, witha '94' decibel rating on the case, either you will be suffering the noise, or your neighbour will be. Is it too late to cancel your order?????

That's the sound power level. It has to be displayed by law and the figure represented by a dB level, but doesn't actually have any bearing on the sound level itself. However, if you look in the spec, the sound level itself, it's rated at 53dB which is pretty quiet. We're just not sold on the backup. Very difficult to bits and bobs for it, but Honda has a 52dB sound level, so this is pretty good for noise.

Its from a uk seller so hopefuly i wont need to see what there backup is like .

I do too, and that is the honest truth. I don't like to see anyone's generator fail, but just because it's a UK seller doesn't make the Swiss Kraft any less manufactured in China by Hangzhou Ruiteng Tools Co., Ltd.

I think it's important to remember that almost everything is made in China and it's not the hotbed of cheap items it used to be, but even the good items that are made in China still cost money. I think cheap items are universal, not purely Chinese. Turn over your iPhone and read the logo at the bottom it will say 'Assembled in China. Designed in California'.

Use a clear glass you can read it as the last drop falls into your mouth.

No your right but it gives me a point of contact and a uk contract if it goes bad .

No your right but it gives me a point of contact and a uk contract if it goes bad .

Use a clear glass you can read it as the last drop falls into your mouth.

Then that's as much as you need to know as a consumer and as I said, I do hope it just works for you.

Whatever you do, please don't turn over one's glass of freshly pulled foaming cask ale to see where the pint pot was made.

Made that "mistake" too many times, but really I just like being covered in froth and hops!

Well I am sold. Will give it a go for 4 reasons. Price, electric start, carrying handle, Hyundai engine (got to be ok) UK company back up.

Well, if you need to talk to us about it at all, please don't hesitate to call us or message us here and we'll give you as much impartial info as you need. No problem.

• 2 weeks later...