Missing teenager - Hanwell, Brentford, Kew area

Wanted

Featured Posts

It's so sad, there is not a bit of west London that doesn't have a yellow ribbon or poster up. For all it's ups and downs, Brentford is a pretty safe place to live in London and the community whilst rocked, has really come together. I hope that Alice is found soon.

This is the pound below Norwood Top Lock, quite a distance beyond where her bag was found. There does seem to be a strong link with the canal.

article-2772416-21BE6AD900000578-776_634

Thats determination to find this lass. Look at the guys on the extremes of the search row. A bit muddy.

Is that the River Brent in the lower right corner of the map in this BBC article?

Very sad news....

ETA This article in The Mirror makes it sound like they are pretty sure the body is Alice.

Poor baby.....

Edited by Paul G2

The map isn't clear on my phone but the AFAIK the GU below the Hanwell flight is actually the canalised Brent all the way down to the Thames lock. The actual Brent snakes in and out all the way down to The last lock before Brentford. There is loads of the actual Brent that snakes it's way around the woodland and parks before it reaches the Canal again.

It's a lovely bit of London that now, for me has some sad history attached.

If there ever will be a glimmer of positivity out of this it will be the tireless efforts of a very strong community. Don't believe it when people say that community spirit is lost in London.

Thoughts with Family and Friends

The map isn't clear on my phone but the AFAIK the GU below the Hanwell flight is actually the canalised Brent all the way down to the Thames lock. The actual Brent snakes in and out all the way down to The last lock before Brentford. There is loads of the actual Brent that snakes it's way around the woodland and parks before it reaches the Canal again.

It's a lovely bit of London that now, for me has some sad history attached.

If there ever will be a glimmer of positivity out of this it will be the tireless efforts of a very strong community. Don't believe it when people say that community spirit is lost in London

Depends what you mean by community spirit. This while thing has been a horrible episode, but I also think it's a bit sad if it takes an incident like this to pull a community together. No doubt once the ribbons come down everyone will go bank to ignoring each other again.

The body has now been officially identified as that of Alice. The family have asked that posters are taken down but yellow ribbons can remain.

I find it hard to contemplate anything worse.

As a father to two brilliant daughters, who bring a great deal of life, humor and vibrancy into our lives (all be it they are older than Alice was) I can't imagine how they must be feeling having that snatched away from them in these circumstances.

Absolutely. Alice looked so vivacious and full of life in the photos which I saw on the BBC web site today.

There is always a motive for a murder, but I am at a loss to think what it could have been in this case.

The body has now been officially identified as that of Alice. The family have asked that posters are taken down but yellow ribbons can remain.

Oh Bloody Hell

That poor girl. Her poor family.

I guess everybody knew this could be the likely outcome but this is very sad news indeed