Missing teenager - Hanwell, Brentford, Kew area

Wanted

Featured Posts

Police are still urging anyone who may have seen anything, or remember seeing anything suspicious to come forward. There is little that will make the family feel any less lost right now but I hope that the person who did this is caught soon.

That is so sad - I knew in my heart of hearts that a happy outcome was unlikely but still hoped.

At least they know for sure - I know it's a poor consolation but there are families out there whose loved ones bodies are never recovered, Suzy Lamplugh springs to mind.

RIP Alice - a life cut short far to early.

Words are inadequate to express feelings at this terrible time, my thoughts are with the family.

The outcome was not totally unexpected given the time she was missing but still awful shock when became reality.

I hope they find whoever responsible and lock him away.

Such a sad outcome. My thoughts are with Alice's family and friends. I just hope the Police to catch the person responsible as soon as possible so they can have some closure

There's no closure from something like this. For the rest of your life there is occasional respite from going over every last detail in your head, picking on certain aspects of the affair and thinking, "If I'd just done this differently..." - If I'd just told her to clean her room before she left she wouldn't have met her killer, If I'd just warned her not to stop along the way, If I'd just reminded her not to talk to strangers, If I'd just called her and told her run baby run....

The list goes on and on. The self recrimination and guilt go on and on.

And then there are the nightmares.....

I was contacted by the police as I had cruised right through that area, albeit my journey was a few days after she disappeared.

I sent the police all my photos and it does feel spooky to think we passed so very close.

So sad, I hope this is solved soon.

There's no closure from something like this. For the rest of your life there is occasional respite from going over every last detail in your head, picking on certain aspects of the affair and thinking, "If I'd just done this differently..." - If I'd just told her to clean her room before she left she wouldn't have met her killer, If I'd just warned her not to stop along the way, If I'd just reminded her not to talk to strangers, If I'd just called her and told her run baby run....

The list goes on and on. The self recrimination and guilt go on and on.

And then there are the nightmares.....

Paul I'm guessing that you have/are suffered/suffering in this way.

It is possible to come to some sort of acceptance though. Many people do after a period of time and sometimes with some help.

I did listen to a radio programme whereby this conclusion aired prior to discovery of body since this man had not contacted people he normally did regularly. Whatever the ending does not help the suffering of Alices parents and family. For them the mental torment continues.

That's pretty poor initial reporting by one of them.

Nevertheless I think if I were a parent in this situation that's closure. The thought of him weedling out of punishment via a psychiatric report, or eventually being let out of jail would be too much.

I have to agree with Paul G2 that this won't be closure. I know that some people never get over the loss of a child.

I know that the best thing that can happen is for the family to be left in peace by the press abd I hope they get all the help available.

In sympathy.

Paul