Cutty/slashy pointy things. What have you got?

Sabcat

Featured Posts

A friend's just been round and she commented on the things hanging up in the engine room - a 19" machete, some 8" and 18" bolt croppers, hack saw, panel saw, bow saw, pliers, secateurs and some elbow length water proof gauntlets. She says it looks like a kit for killing people and disposing of their bodies.

What have you got to tackle the crap that gets in your way when you're out and about?

A friend's just been round and she commented on the things hanging up in the engine room - a 19" machete, some 8" and 18" bolt croppers, hack saw, panel saw, bow saw, pliers, secateurs and some elbow length water proof gauntlets. She says it looks like a kit for killing people and disposing of their bodies.

What have you got to tackle the crap that gets in your way when you're out and about?

3 chainsaws uncountable knifes 5 silky pruning saws 2 splitting mauls 1 hatchet 1 rather sexy Japanese kindling hatchet I am sure there more but that will do for now

My Gramp's billhook, a cheap hatchet, pair of bolt cutters, a good pair of wire cutters and some gilbows.

The billhook is my prize possession out of that little lot, I can remember my gramps using it, he's been gone since 1990, I like the fact it still gets used. It does an excellent job of clearing a mooring and doesn't take much space in a locker.

We live in a modern house with a boring garden, there us absolutely nowhere it would be any use at home!

A 1½ lb axe, one of those saws in a holder, a bow saw, carpenters saw, hacksaw, 2 old fashioned police truncheons, a 6 cell Maglite, various Sabatier knives (for cooking, obviously) and a lovely red painted tiller arm to repel boarders. Next on the list will be an AK47, an Uzi and finally a H & K sidearm. Only joking of course.

A 1½ lb axe, one of those saws in a holder, a bow saw, carpenters saw, hacksaw, 2 old fashioned police truncheons, a 6 cell Maglite, various Sabatier knives (for cooking, obviously) and a lovely red painted tiller arm to repel boarders. Next on the list will be an AK47, an Uzi and finally a H & K sidearm. Only joking of course.

What the bloody hell have you got truncheons for?

when it comes to "home defence" a black widow catapult and a bag or marbles is just about perfect. You can deter would be stone throwers by firing a marble 50 yards ahead up the cut and just leave it on the roof.

What the bloody hell have you got truncheons for?

when it comes to "home defence" a black widow catapult and a bag or marbles is just about perfect. You can deter would be stone throwers by firing a marble 50 yards ahead up the cut and just leave it on the roof.

heh heh...you have to read Nancy's review of the black widow catapult! http://www.amazon.com/Barnett-Crossbows-17018-Black-Slingshot/product-reviews/B000PWBIKY

Im seriously tempted to get one of these, it looks fun! ... my childhood beckons laugh.png

heh heh...you have to read Nancy's review of the black widow catapult! http://www.amazon.com/Barnett-Crossbows-17018-Black-Slingshot/product-reviews/B000PWBIKY

Im seriously tempted to get one of these, it looks fun! ... my childhood beckons laugh.png

They are fun, and like I said, a great deterrent to wouldbe stone throwers (I'm thinking of you Goscote, you miserable hole in the ground).