SaniFlo Compact C43 Macerator replacement Pump

Joshua

Featured Posts

I am looking for a replacement pump for our 12v SaniFlo Compact C43 macerator toilet.

I have been in touch with SaniFlo UK who passed me to their service partners PumpMaster UK who in turn passed me to Lee Sanitation who take care of the marine stuff!

PumpMaster told me that the 240v pump was basically the same as the 12v and costs £350 but they don’t supply 12V, a new 240v C43 toilet complete would cost £470.

Lee Sanitation told me the 12v C43 model that I have was discontinued in 2002 and suggested my best bet was to buy one of their replacement loo’s on offer at £650!

What to do?

I have been back in touch with SaniFlo UK to get confirmation that the 12v C43 pump is discontinued but I am still waiting for the return call.

If I can’t get a replacement 12v pump would it be mad to stick a 240v pump in, it is by all accounts the same design, shape and fit and I of course do have an inverter.

Or, should I buy a different macerator toilet and if so, any recommendations?

I have stripped down the current pump assembly and it is the pump that is broken not blocked with calc or anything else.

Ta.

I seem to remember someone on here stripping one of these to see if they could replace the bushes, may be worth a quick search (I can't do one on here).

No reason not to fit a 240v pump. It's used so infrequently that it won't be a serious drain on your batteries if your inverter is on anyway.

I seem to remember someone on here stripping one of these to see if they could replace the bushes, may be worth a quick search (I can't do one on here).

No reason not to fit a 240v pump. It's used so infrequently that it won't be a serious drain on your batteries if your inverter is on anyway.

Thanks Kae, I was more concerned about the principle of keeping the nice simple 12v system that didn’t rely on another component like the inverter, but I suppose as you say its no big deal. On the other hand, if I stick to 12v I can simply replace what’s there i.e. do it myself, if I go 240v by the time I have paid an electrician to rewire my system ( a simple call out fee is £100 and I am a complete dunce when it comes to electrics), I might just as well have bought a replacement 12v loo!

Thanks Kae, I was more concerned about the principle of keeping the nice simple 12v system that didn’t rely on another component like the inverter, but I suppose as you say its no big deal. On the other hand, if I stick to 12v I can simply replace what’s there i.e. do it myself, if I go 240v by the time I have paid an electrician to rewire my system ( a simple call out fee is £100 and I am a complete dunce when it comes to electrics), I might just as well have bought a replacement 12v loo!

Not too bad if you just have a dedicated inverter for the loo, this company may be able to supply a secondhand motor:

http://www.doctor-saniflo.co.uk/

Might be other ones, or try Ebay.

ETA: This looks like the topic Kae means, another contact there too.

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=62095

cheers, Pete.

~smpt~

Edited by smileypete

Not too bad if you just have a dedicated inverter for the loo, this company may be able to supply a secondhand motor:

http://www.doctor-saniflo.co.uk/

Might be other ones, or try Ebay.

ETA: This looks like the topic Kae means, another contact there too.

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=62095

cheers, Pete.

~smpt~

Thanks

I have been in touch with the Doctor-SaniFlow, great guy, very helpful.

From further research, it seems that the 240v motor would fit but by the time I have paid to have my electrics altered I don’t think it is worth the down side, namely higher elec and water demand, so I am now looking for a complete loo.

Cheapest I have found is the Vetus TMWQ at £341 from Vetus Direct, at over £300 cheaper than the Lee SaniMarin alternative I am just wondering, does anyone know if its price reflects its performance, if not, I’ll order one?

It is not just a simple matter of changing the pump and putting in a 240 wire. You will probably need to change the complete control system as well, the control buttons will need to activate a 240 volt pump, not a 12 volt pump and the current relay/solid state switch which turns the pump on/off will be rated for 12 volt DC and not 204 volt AC.

It is not just a simple matter of changing the pump and putting in a 240 wire. You will probably need to change the complete control system as well, the control buttons will need to activate a 240 volt pump, not a 12 volt pump and the current relay/solid state switch which turns the pump on/off will be rated for 12 volt DC and not 204 volt AC.

Thanks Detling, the word ‘pump’ in this context is not quite descriptive, in relation to these toilets, it refers to the whole assembly including built in sealed pump, macerator, pressure and timer switch, inlet and outlets and control panels.

Anyway, I have ordered a 12v Vetus, so job done, thanks again for advice given above.

Thanks

I have been in touch with the Doctor-SaniFlow, great guy, very helpful.

From further research, it seems that the 240v motor would fit but by the time I have paid to have my electrics altered I don’t think it is worth the down side, namely higher elec and water demand, so I am now looking for a complete loo.

Cheapest I have found is the Vetus TMWQ at £341 from Vetus Direct, at over £300 cheaper than the Lee SaniMarin alternative I am just wondering, does anyone know if its price reflects its performance, if not, I’ll order one?

Maybe take the 12V motor to an alt and starter rewind place, might be something as simple as brushes sticking due to dust buildup.

Why not just use the 12V motor feed to power a relay for the 240V motor?

cheers, Pete.

~smpt~