Help needed adding photos to threads

Humphrey

Featured Posts

Have looked in the Technical Help section and it said to go to Imgur to upload the pics, then click the BBCode link and copy, back to thread and paste the link to thread but it tells me that extension not allowed on this forum. Help please.

took me ages to learn and never did manage on IMGUR.....I use FLICKR and that took weeks of false starts!

edit to add The Dog House gave me the clue that finally got me going!!!

Edited by John V

There is a thread here started by The Dog House http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=55758&page=3 which goes into some detail. Many, including me, use Photobucket to host our pics, other hosting sites are available. It is not possible to upload photos directly to the forum.

Ignore the first post referring to the post being deleted, if you start on the second page of posts all should be revealed.

Ken

Tried Photobucket but that is also saying that extension is not allowed

That's odd, I don't have any problem uploading using Photobucket. I know PB give you several options of file to upload, perhaps your selecting one it doesn't like?

Ken

I copy a photo from my computer into my gallery on CWDF after I change it to the correct size etc.

I then click the "my media" button in the post or reply and click on the photo I want.

Then close editor and hey presto.

Daiboy Hi

I find I can do that but only with old photos that have been scanned into my PC especially black and white.....any that I have taken with my camera are to big (data wise)

do you reduce the quality of your photos? and if so is it possible to explain it to me?

ETA words of one syllable please smile.png

Edited by John V

Daiboy Hi

I find I can do that but only with old photos that have been scanned into my PC especially black and white.....any that I have taken with my camera are to big (data wise)

do you reduce the quality of your photos? and if so is it possible to explain it to me?

ETA words of one syllable please :)

Although the forum provides a gallery to upload pictures I understand it is preferable host them on other sites such as

Photobucket and Imgr.

Uploading to the forum gallery uses bandwidth that eats into that which the site owner pays for. At least that is my understanding hence I don't generally use the gallery on here.

I am happy to be corrected on that if somebody knows different.