One day licence

cereal tiller

Featured Posts

Am currently in Oxford on a 24 hour EA mooring at East street.

My boat has an annual Thames licence.

Was considering going through Isis lock and rejoining the Thames at Dukes Cut lock.

Looked up the cost of a One day licence from C.R.T.for a Seventy foot Narrow Boat.

Thirty pounds and 99 pence!

A one week licence would be 52 pounds something.

Why so Expensive?

CT

Turn it round the other way - I have a CRT annual licence - if I wasnt to go down Duke's cut onto the Thames and back in again , my 70 foot boat would cost more than yours for a one day EA licence (although I do get a second day free if clever with timings).

Yes,I did consider that aspect,although if the application is carried out Online,the cost to C.R.T. would only be the postage and dispatch?

CT

But consider it's £25 to stay a day on a visitor mooring and I've already paid for the license, and there is no internet involved .

Would hazard a guess that the real cost of creating and issuing a one day license is more than this unfortunately.

Yes,I did consider that aspect,although if the application is carried out Online,the cost to C.R.T. would only be the postage and dispatch?

CT

Both posts are about right but they are considering different ideas of cost. Tuscan is looking at something like Full Economic Cost and cereal tiller is looking at something like the actual additional cost to CRT of issuing one licence given that the system for issuing licences already exists.

It's like calling out the fire brigade - you could say it only costs a bit of diesel or you could include depreciation on the fire engine, the fire fighters' salaries, rent for the fire station, etc, etc.

Those figures are very similar to what the EA charge for the Thames, 50ft boat is £31 for a day £51 for a week.

On the first day free thing, talking to Thames lock keepers that seems to only apply to the 1 day, where you can have 2 days for the same price. You don't get the extra first day on a 1 week for example, eg buy on a Wednesday it is dated for the following Tuesday, so you have to be off the river by midnight on the Tuesday.