What's happened to Julynian?

George94

Featured Posts

I used to like cream buns with a slit on top filled with cream and jam. Also cheese cakes, flaky pastry with shredded coconut ice on top, not seen either for a long time. Private Godfrey's sisters upside down cakes were probably nice too. Custard tarts are my favourite these days.

There used to be a smashing bakers in Sawbridgeworth that did all of those plus many more delectable items and I seem to recall there was a branch in Stortord just up the hill from the station. Few years since I was there though

Just remembered the name,,,Dorringtons I think !

Well after our doughnut conversation the children announced they could smell duffnuts and doughnuts were definitely in order so we are torturing ourselves until after dinner when jam and custard doughnuts are on the menu yum yum

Have you tried M&S Yum Yums delicious as good as Sainsbury’s Jam Donuts.

There used to be a smashing bakers in Sawbridgeworth that did all of those plus many more delectable items and I seem to recall there was a branch in Stortord just up the hill from the station. Few years since I was there though

Just remembered the name,,,Dorringtons I think !

I know them both, they are good. Sawbridgeworth Dorringtons is the corner shop just up from Sawbridgeworth lock. I've not seen the cakes I mentioned there though apart from custard tarts.

I know them both, they are good. Sawbridgeworth Dorringtons is the corner shop just up from Sawbridgeworth lock. I've not seen the cakes I mentioned there though apart from custard tarts.

Ah well it was a few years ago!

Went to proper bakers some years ago...eldest had part in language video for Norweigan schools and one scene involved him being filmed eating large iced creamy bun.....several "takes" later scene was a wrap and funnily enough he's never eaten one since! I had part as extra and no-one offered me any, so I still enjoy all the yummy iced donuts etc.

Well after our doughnut conversation the children announced they could smell duffnuts and doughnuts were definitely in order so we are torturing ourselves until after dinner when jam and custard doughnuts are on the menu yum yum

You are welcomed wholeheartedly into the inner circle for knowing that the True Name of this delight is indeed Duffnut

Jam for me please

Richard

Btw, I reckon you're being diddled.. My local garage sells doughnuts without the hole in the middle.

Now - when I were a lad, in the far, far, north east of Scotlaaand, these hole-less concoctions were doughnuts. The things now referred to as doughnuts were called doughrings.

And that is logical, and how it should be. They are a ringggggg.

As for this bastardization of a word donuts - pah!

Now - when I were a lad, in the far, far, north east of Scotlaaand, these hole-less concoctions were doughnuts. The things now referred to as doughnuts were called doughrings.

And that is logical, and how it should be. They are a ringggggg.

As for this bastardization of a word donuts - pah!

Are you referring to retail or holesale? unsure.png

I used to like cream buns with a slit on top filled with cream and jam. Also cheese cakes, flaky pastry with shredded coconut ice on top, not seen either for a long time. Private Godfrey's sisters upside down cakes were probably nice too. Custard tarts are my favourite these days.

We are very fond of custard tarts and I have just found my mothers recipe for them !! No longer to be tied to asda or tescos for them my fifteen year old informs me that tesco does the best ones.

I feel I prefer talking of doughnuts(donuts) and custards than running people down!!

Its easier to spell donut rather than doughnut and sounds heather cos doesn't have all that dough inside.

agree tis so much nicer talking of the good stuff rather than running people down, gets my vote anyway.

No,, Sorry can't do it, Board now, it's all way over my head.

I've got to empty my poo tank instead.

It's more my level of interest, & all my head can understand.

Self confessed sh** head ?

Co op do nice glazed ring doughnuts ..... slightly apple flavoured.

However avoid ASDA.s offerings, got some of their 'glazed' ones yesterday as a treat, soggy and truly awful.

That is all you need to say...

Variable quality on some products for sure. The in store 'bakery' in our local one is particularly poor I find.

Good offers on wines and beers though!