Best place to buy solar?

Delta9

Featured Posts

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=310857447913&alt=web

So all you need now is x lengh of panel cable and 2 two to one joiners.lastly cable from controler to batterys .i use this controler find it good .

Given the cost, that looks very much like a fake MPPT controller. Measure amps going in and amps going out. Assuming your volts going in are at least 30, the amps out should be around double the amps in. If not, you have a fake.

if your volts going in are lower than thirty, you either have a small panel(s), or are wired in parallel rather than series.

With only 100 W of panels, the controller won't make much difference, but if you have significantly more, then that controller is wasting energy.

BTW, if it's a real MPPT, then it is amazing value at that price.

Bimble only seems to have 1 type of flexible panel that I could find on the website and it's only 68w.

I know flexible panels aren't as efficient, but they would suit my roof better than rigid panels. I don't want roof furniture getting in the way of my centre ropes or creating an obstacle when I need to jump up there.

Does anyone know if these are any good?

http://www.bestecoshop.com/biard-150w-12v-semi-flexible-monocrystalline-solar-panel.html

If I bought 2 of these I assume I'd just need the appropriate charge controller (20 amp?).

Edit: I haven't done a calculation but 2.5mm2 cable doesn't sound very thick. The distance to my batteries would be about 5m one way.

Edited by blackrose

We used http://www.sunstore.co.uk/Motorhome-Solar-Kits/ for a small kit to keep batteries charged on a sailing boat on a mooring, and have been very happy with the quality of the kit and the advice & service, and they are top of our list in researching what to do with our newly-acquired river boat.

VFM is far higher on rigid panels than semi-flexible.

Sorry OP but Bimble are brilliant. Might not be what you want but were just what I needed . 160w panel and mppt unit cost under 200 pounds. Collect yourself and pay cash or bank transfer. Mike is your man there. He is very helpful.

HI'm currently searching for it.

Where are you searching? There has been plenty of suggestions in this thread so far.

Bimble Solar seem to be the most mentioned on this forum, along with eBay. Do you need someone to fit it for you? I don't know what part of the country you are in but I can personally recommend forum member Matty40s who fitted mine and has done many other installs for people on this forum.

Hi. I'm looking to buy a 100w or 125w solar panel and all the bits and bobs that I will need to connect it and fix it to my roof. Can you please help me to find? Thanks. I'm currently searching for it.

If you are based in Singapore, (as you have entered as your location in your profile) would the components you require not be cheaper to buy locally?

Am I better off buying two 250w panels or 5 100w panels?

I am looking at bimble solar.

2 x 250W usually works out cheaper than 5 x 100W, but the latter would be easier on a narrowboat roof as the big panels can be quite wide.

For a 12V boat, a 40A Tracer MPPT will handle either nicely, though a 30A Tracer MPPT will just about get by OK.

Maybe best choose between 2x250W and 40A Tracer MPPT, or, 4x100W and 30A Tracer MPPT. smile.png

cheers, Pete.

~smpt~

Edited by smileypete