ALVECOTE BOAT GATHERING 2014

giveitsomeoil

Featured Posts

The 2014 Alvecote historic boat bash is nearly upon us!

Bank holiday weekend with things kicking off on Friday evening the 22nd August and running right through to Monday the 25th .

Music acts featuring over the weekend:

The Mercy

The Zeppelin 3

Eligh Toadd

Paul Mills

Lunar Curreen

.....and of course DJ Pete spinning the wheels of steel daily!!

If you play an instrument and what to come and have a jam... then bring it along during the day and have a play!

We have over 40 old craft expected with daily boat parades (for those that wish to play) and the infamous winding competition outside the Samuel Barlow.

The Les Lapworth Award will be also happening amongst the historic craft, so expect the share price in Brasso to rise and the rain to fall!

Come and see how Birchills and Dane are coming along at A P Boatbuilding's historic wooden boatbuilding yard.

Illuminated boats in the evening and a parade on Sunday night, the winner of this will receive a free hull blacking!!

So make sure you bring yer lights.. even if its just to light up the marina at night like a Christmas tree!

Charity stalls and floating traders will be here along with a small selection of amusements for the skids.

The Samuel Barlow will of course be running a beer festival with 10 guest ales alongside the normal line up of refreshment. The kitchen will operating a full menu downstairs. Boaters Breakfast tickets will also be available.

Look forward to see you all there....

The Alvecote Team.

Dave and I will be there. Not in Python this year :(

............but we have been allowed use of Chesterfield Canal Trust's "Tangerine Dream" which to the uninitiated is a bright orange Transitvan

Of course if Aunty Wainwright has a Transit van then it can mean only one thing laugh.png

Oh yes... boys and girls please bring your pocket money over to see me at our gazebo where I will have for your perusal an eclectic mix of highly desirable artefacts and ephemera. All proceeds go to Chesterfield Canal Trust.

I have some really wonderful bits that have been donated recently all looking for new homes.

Oh and - if anyone has any old mobile phones they want to recycle or inkjet cartridges (not Epson) then please bring them as they can be recycled to raise fund for The Trust. If you forget to bring them then ask me for a freepost envelope to take away with you.

Looking forward to seeing loads of familiar faces there this weekend and hopefully putting names to a few unfamilar faces too. Don't be shy, pop over and say hello. I do not twist peoples arms very hard honest :)

Dave and I will be there. Not in Python this year sad.png

............but we have been allowed use of Chesterfield Canal Trust's "Tangerine Dream" which to the uninitiated is a bright orange Transitvan

Of course if Aunty Wainwright has a Transit van then it can mean only one thing laugh.png

Oh yes... boys and girls please bring your pocket money over to see me at our gazebo where I will have for your perusal an eclectic mix of highly desirable artefacts and ephemera. All proceeds go to Chesterfield Canal Trust.

I have some really wonderful bits that have been donated recently all looking for new homes.

Oh and - if anyone has any old mobile phones they want to recycle or inkjet cartridges (not Epson) then please bring them as they can be recycled to raise fund for The Trust. If you forget to bring them then ask me for a freepost envelope to take away with you.

Looking forward to seeing loads of familiar faces there this weekend and hopefully putting names to a few unfamilar faces too. Don't be shy, pop over and say hello. I do not twist peoples arms very hard honest smile.png

Hello-I have some small HP cartridges from a deskjet printer- are they any good and a couple of old phones- 1 of which doesn't work, Does it matter if they dont work? I'll have some envelopes from you- a few of my work team work from from home and I'm sure would be happy for you to have the cartridges in the future.

See you at the weekend

Hello-I have some small HP cartridges from a deskjet printer- are they any good and a couple of old phones- 1 of which doesn't work, Does it matter if they dont work? I'll have some envelopes from you- a few of my work team work from from home and I'm sure would be happy for you to have the cartridges in the future.

See you at the weekend

No it does not matter if they don't work (and we don't send off the chargers either) Look forward to seeing you again at the weekend

As Tawny is already there, I'd just like to say we're happy for any forum members who can't find a mooring to breast up to her.

Just treat her nicely please, she's an old lady now!

Sue

Come on, admit it!

You are just trying to ensure a layer of strong fendering between you and "Minnow", aren't you?

Sickle is here. Looks good. Easiest boat to reverse in hardest boat to get out. Now you know where it's moored.

Well I didn't put "Sickle" wherever it is!..........

Glad someone else has though, as it saved us going to Grendon to fetch her, and we have until remained a bit tight on time to get there with our other boat.

So Who's idea was it to do a historic boat gathering at the same time as the new series of Doctor Who starts, eh? rolleyes.gif

And the Belgian Grand Prix! Winding competition or Eau Rouge - tricky

Richard