The things that nobody thinks to tell you.... Part 2

Starcoaster

Featured Posts

Brilliant Star, I see what awaits ....I apologise for going down shiny boat and bow thruster route...look at that as one who was easily led and influenced by others who I see as being far more experienced than me. As i named my boat after myself, my dads nickname for me I will answer when she is called....and think dads there somewhere.

A lovely post which i enjoyed reading.

13. You have no idea which side the land is on when you wake up, and trying to decide without cheating and opening a curtain turns into something of a “choose your adventure” game for you every time you wake up on a new mooring.

13a. And once you have figured out which side the land is, you relax and go back to sleep. Then a boat scares you witless by going past on the towpath side.

:)

MtB

• Greenie 1

1. People laugh at you for thinking that you can ever wear a dress/skirt while living on a boat. But they soon pipe down when circumstance catches you resplendent in a floor length party dress, fleece jacket, socks and yes, flip flops...

I don't usually dress like this. Am I a proper boater?

Two years of boating and two years since my original forum post quite literally launched a new career for me later... I had wine with dinner again tonight.

<snip>

13. You have no idea which side the land is on when you wake up, and trying to decide without cheating and opening a curtain turns into something of a “choose your adventure” game for you every time you wake up on a new mooring.

Tawny has an odd variation of this game, called 'which way is the front' caused by her mirror image construction. This can be further complicated by seeing a boat approaching in one of the mirrors on the end walls of the cabin. After a couple of days, I get really confused

30. You’re not a Real Boater until you’ve spent at least one night on Tawny Owl.

30. You’re not a Real Boater Banterer until you’ve spent had at least one night meal on Tawny Owl. Sleeping on Tawny puts you in the elite of Team Tawny Owl

Richard

Edited by RLWP

17. People spot you working on your computer on the bow of your boat in the height of summer, and automatically assume that you are an unemployable rabble-rousing “ anarchist writer” or political activist, and are either claiming the dole, living on Daddy’s money, or simply could not hold down a real job to save your life... Just because you are under 60, and not suited, booted and in an office, as there is no way on God’s green earth that someone can legitimately work in such nice conditions and actually get paid to do so, obviously.

Ironically no one has ever assumed I'm an anarchist.