Canal Web Ring

Sue

Featured Posts

The CW WebRing was sent up as a ring of interconnected websites back in 2001. Since then, various people have joined. Over the last year or so, I decided not to promote it any more as it was in direct competition with another waterways webring (with CW included, there were over 4 major rings running), and I wanted to put my effort into maintaining the forums and upgrading them.

It has since been brought to my attention that a number of sites now no longer contain the navigation code essential for the ring, so in essence, it is broken. Also a number of sites contain very old versions of the banner, which has led to broken images etc.

As you are probably aware, in October 2004, I decided to run the site purely as a community, and do away with any of the orignal (poor) content, which wasn't being viewed anyway. Since then I have received a number of complaints about the ring, (there are previous threads), I have now decided that the amount of effort to restore the ring to a decent standard will outweigh the benifits.

Sites in the Ring will be added to the Links Directory as and when I get a chance to do so.

Hope this gives a greater insight into my decision.

Cheers

Jon

Seems a shame really.... I only had Canal World Ring on my site, deciding that I would just support that one as I was a forum member. (Although I took it off the other day as soon as I saw the thread here about it finishing)

I was one that wrote a while ago about the broken links...

Would there be no way that you could email those who have registered to say that you are re-setting and updating the ring, perhaps asking for a reply within 7 days to be included in the update, then to check each email reply to see that the correct code was in place?

If you needed a general dogs body to forward those emails to for checking I would be willing to lend a hand..

<_<

• 4 weeks later...

I had a few offers, and am looking into ways to transfer control to potential new managers without loosing a couple of other (non CW related) things I use Bravenet for. Watch this space!

Cheers

Jon

• 4 weeks later...