BOAT TRANSPORTATION

Dazwest1966

Featured Posts

A B Tuckey

Google Boat Transport, you'll get a multitude of companies. Logistically It's probably best to use a company either based in your collection area or the delivery area. Do shop around though prices vary a lot.

We have used AB Tuckey and were excellent and the best price for our required trip.

Wide or narrow? There's quite a difference.

If you have time and a widebeam boat, it's possible to saill to the Midlands, then sail from the northern end of the Grand Union or the Upper Avon, and use a lorry for the realtively short section in the middle, which will save money on the lorry, but will obviously cost you more in money and time.

If you're not in a hurry and it's a narrow beam boat, there are a couple of people on this forum who can sail it from Yorkshire to Gloucester for less than the cost of a lorry and cranage.

If you have time and a widebeam boat, it's possible to saill to the Midlands, then sail from the northern end of the Grand Union or the Upper Avon, and use a lorry for the realtively short section in the middle, which will save money on the lorry, but will obviously cost you more in money and time.

You'd think so, but this was not the case with Tuckeys last time I used them. Last time I used them they supplied the crane as well at one end, but they said the price to load it onto their lorry then take it ANYWHERE, would be the same. I guess because the lorry gets tied up for the day anyway, and fuel cost is background noise.

MtB

P.S. Tuckeys are widely recommended and competent and reliable. The last thing you want to do is book a cheap lorry and find they don't turn up on the day you booked and paid for the boatyard crane!

MtB

I guess because the lorry gets tied up for the day anyway, and fuel cost is background noise.

Truck size required for a boat will burn 8 to 10 MPG At over 6.00 per gallon is ball park 60p per mile or more. A 200 mile trip would cost £120.00 let alone accounting or charging for wear & tear on the truck.

On a local job though the company will probably require a full day rate even if the truck is only used for a couple of hours. I had to pay this on a couple of occasions already.

We used Tuckey's for our move from Chorley to Braunston. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them, EXCELLENT customer service and they do exactly "whats on the tin". We found them reasonably priced as well. Price will greatly depend on the length, width and tonnage of your boat.

B~

Wide or narrow? There's quite a difference.

If you're not in a hurry and it's a narrow beam boat, there are a couple of people on this forum who can sail it from Yorkshire to Gloucester for less than the cost of a lorry and cranage.

Or you could do it yourself because (1) it's fun and (2) that's what boats are for.

Or you could do it yourself because (1) it's fun and (2) that's what boats are for.

Ah but the OP might be in a hurry!

ninja.gif

This is usually the reason I've used Tuckeys to move boats around in the past. I've needed or wanted a boat moved half way across the country when I don't have weeks on end free to steer it myself.

MtB

Ah but the OP might be in a hurry!

ninja.gif

This is usually the reason I've used Tuckeys to move boats around in the past. I've needed or wanted a boat moved half way across the country when I don't have weeks on end free to steer it myself.

MtB

Yes, fairy nuff. But I did say 'could' not 'should'! mellow.png

AB Tuckey.

They do it all the time.

They are insured.

Moved my W/B from Newark to Reading about 6 years ago.

Just over 1K including lift and drop.

They seem to get a good rate for cranage

Professionals cost a bit more but peace of mind is worthwhile.

If narrow just CC it down.

Seems a bit superfluous but another vote for Tuckeys.

They moved ours but also had to move others to get ours out of the building, excellent.

and where the driver can put that artic is amazing.