Claiming from hire company for damage

pearley

Featured Posts

Is it worse than being called Dickhead then LOL

No idea, I was called the T word in the chat room it felt particularly offensive.

One for the mods.

Blimey you have led a sheltered life.......

Cheers

Gareth

In the forum. Edited by The Dog House

I don't think I have ever called anybody the t word.

Sorry but reported.

. Oh stop it Martin this is so much better than pump out or cassette or how long has so and so,s boat been on the vm ,anyone got a shovel for July or Ian another couple of days and he,ll be in Australia it,s brilliant

No idea, I was called the T word in the chat room it felt particularly offensive. Really Martin this thread just gets funnier and funnier I am typing through tears

Enjoy it I don't think it will be around for long.

I'm too lazy to mend your messed up quote on my iPad....

" I will add though Martin I have more respect for you than most members currently on here, and have to agree you'r a much nicer bloke than sometimes comes over on this forum."

And that is a compliment is it?

Lighten up and smell the fresh mown grass.

" I will add though Martin I have more respect for you than most members currently on here, and have to agree you'r a much nicer bloke than sometimes comes over on this forum."

And that is a compliment is it?

Lighten up and smell the fresh mown grass.

Indeed, and just a reflection of what I said in my earlier post. You are an ex-copper ISTR, read the thread not just certain posts, then consider what you think.

Edited by The Dog House

In addition I have posted terms and conditions from hire boat companies that clearly state that the hirer indemnifies the Hire Boat Company in the event of any claim made against the company.

The person liable pays. Look up the word liable or liability.

While looking up liable (more on that later in the post) I looked up indemnify it says "protect or secure in respect of harm, a loss etc" So according to your statement above the hirer protects or secures the company against loss which means they are accepting liability for the loss if there is no CDW or insurance therefore they are liable.

Liable I looked it up as you advised. What a good suggestion, it says liability the state of being liable. Liable it tells me is to be legally bound. So according to you if a hirer does damage to another boat and the companies insurers find a convenient get out clause (a bit like car insurers if say a tyre isn't legal) the hirer isn't held responsible for the damage. They can walk away with no debt and no responsibility. Are you are seriously suggesting that is the situation?

Indeed, and just a reflection of what I said in my earlier post. You are an ex-copper ISTR, read the thread not just certain posts, then consider what you think.

I know it is an alien concept Martin, but I am out BOATING.

Unlike you it seems, I have not the time to read all this twaddle and what the hell has my previous life got to do with it!

I know it is an alien concept Martin, but I am out BOATING.

Unlike you it seems, I have not the time to read all this twaddle and what the hell has my previous life got to do with it!

I am not currently boating for a very good reason.

I under stand coppers consider all the facts before jumping to a decision.....

I am not currently boating for a very good reason.

I under stand coppers consider all the facts before jumping to a decision.....

I am not a " Copper". I am retired from my previous work life, and enjoying myself travelling the system. You are "doing a Julian" now Martin, it demeans you.

I am not a " Copper". I am retired from my previous work life, and enjoying myself travelling the system. You are "doing a Julian" now Martin, it demeans you.

Well not quite, given the number of posts and days involved.

But any way I have made my point, as for being 'demeaned' by you, I do find that really really funny.