Sghting 'Dobie Jade'

Humphrey

Featured Posts

Thanks Matty40s as you are the only one wiling to help. My wife would have loved to see the old boat again as we now very rarely come up to the Braunston area. Shame other people are not willing to help spot her for us. We don't even want to disturb the owners just see the boat. Had hoped she was around this area somewhere.

Shame other people are not willing to help spot her for us.

The reluctance is not out of meanness nor idleness, it is because on occasion there have been requests to locate a boat, where it has turned out that the seeker is doing so for inappropriate reasons such as for settling old scores, stalking etc.

We have no reason to believe that you are such a person, but in the absence of knowing the facts (as opposed to your version of the facts) unfortunately the consensus is that it is too risky to comply with your request. You will note that Matty's response is fairly vague. Don't take it personally, just be aware that ultimately the privacy of the boat's owner has to come first.

• Greenie 2

The reluctance is not out of meanness nor idleness, it is because on occasion there have been requests to locate a boat, where it has turned out that the seeker is doing so for inappropriate reasons such as for settling old scores, stalking etc.

On the other hand, Humph may look green but he's a member of quite long standing. If a new member asked such a question, you might have a valid reason to be suspicious.

Understand completely, but would have been nice to see it.

A way around it is to ask if someone could ask the owner of Dobie Jade to get in contact with you. That puts the control of their privacy into their own hands.

And I'm not saying you have any motives other than nostalgia either

Those slippers look comfy

Richard

If some one were to spot Dobie Jade and PM me then I would give them the phone number to pass on. We are up South Oxford Canal way but only till next Tuesday

Edited by Humphrey