Gave notice to landlord

Miemie

Featured Posts

You'd better hurry. End of the month today!!

Sorry about that, I knew what you meant. We did exactly the same at the end of May to vacate end of June. Been on the boat a month now. It's gone so quickly.

Martyn

Congratz.

Go through all your belongings & chuck out everything except the stuff you cant possibly live without. When you have done this you will still have too much crap, so go through it all again & chuck out half of what is left. Once this is done, you will still have too much crap, so go through it all again & chuck out half of what is left. Once you get to your boat, you will realise you still have far too much crap!

Dont forget the bog roll, dont ask me how I know!

Keep you batteries topped up with water, & dont let them get below 12.2V
Fill up with water (for your taps), fill up with diesel, see that you have gas in your bottles (else you wont be able to cook).

When you first 'drive' your boat, it will be both terrifying & exhilarating at the same time. Enjoy.
Take it easy, no need to go fast, low revs, just above tick over until you get used to it.

REMEMBER you only have steering when going forward under power, so throwing it into neutral or reverse you will lose steering.

Make sure you have suitable mooring ropes, hooks, pins, a suitable key for whatever waterway you will be on, & a windlass.

Buy a packet of cheap (no brand) disposable nappies, eg pack of 20 from Morrissons for £1, preferably queuing next to someone with a baby when you pay for them, so that they can give you filthy looks for being a bad parent for buying cheapo crap!

Edited by Ssscrudddy